Caldwell Chronograph

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
tnaz

Caldwell Chronograph

Post by tnaz »

Need help finding an iPad/Tablet to work with my new Chronograph. To put it very mildly neither Caldwell or Verizon will give me info that will correct my problem. If anyone can give me an exact, prefer android tablet that will work with this chronograph throw it at me. If I need to buy a new phone I will go that route, but verizon claims my phone will work. NOT!!!!

Thanks for any help,

Tnaz
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Caldwell Chronograph

Post by Ranch Dog »

tnaz wrote:Need help finding an iPad/Tablet to work with my new Chronograph. To put it very mildly neither Caldwell or Verizon will give me info that will correct my problem. If anyone can give me an exact, prefer android tablet that will work with this chronograph throw it at me. If I need to buy a new phone I will go that route, but verizon claims my phone will work. NOT!!!!

Thanks for any help,

Tnaz
I don't think the Verizon part has anything to do with it, they are just selling the devices. I use a Galaxy S5 and have no issues. My provider is Verizon.

Can you detail the problem? What's going on?
Michael
tnaz

Re: Caldwell Chronograph

Post by tnaz »

Hey Mr. RD, got the caldwell chronograph and played with it at the house, reads fine as long as it is not partnered to a device. Caldwell sent a new usb cable to try instead of the audio cable as a fix, but it did not work.

Had problems with my local verizon store last week as could not get it to read in there store. Now in Tn. and just passing time at night trying different thing, bought a tablet yesterday but could not get it to read either with audio or usb cable.

Uninstalled reinstall app on tablet and phone with no luck.

Called Caldwell back and they/he tried to walk me through different thinks and said to go back to verizon and try again in store different phone tablet till i get one to work?

Online found info, 3.5mm TRRS line out serial port, I'm thinking audio jack for head phones and mic, out put? , caldwells audio cable to connect chronograph to phone; I'm thinking the mic is the pair that transfers the speed read out? I think that is my problem with my phone, I can't turn mic on/off or up/down ?

Sorry for the long post, I'll go back to my local Verizon when I get home and get a new phone or make mine work?

Just thought if I can get a model I could save time,

Thanks,
terry