brass catcher

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

brass catcher

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

+of hey yall, I know Semi auto stuff aint in style here, at the range, I used to revolver, any body found or made a cool brass catcher? :?: +corn
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: brass catcher

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

I believe AK47 did
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I just use a stick inground target holder it holds cardboard to the ejection side of where im shooting. Then the brass i want hits it and stays in a 2 foot radious on the ground. Like the scorpion it shoots my 9mm empties 7 to 9 feet in various directions. This saves me almost 90% or more of my brass. Not really a catcher but more of a deflection of extreme ejection. Hard part is getting a piece of cardboard large enough, i then use my staple gun and a few free paint sticks if needed to make folds rigid enough to stand tall enough. Toughest is finding a the cardboard though. Ive also used popsicle sticks as well but they arent thick enough in some wind to hold the folds. Even at a bench this can help if you can dial in the area of ejected brass and put it into place to deflect it.
http://www.cabelas.com/catalog/product. ... 3D20003142
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
zippy
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by zippy »

My 92 in .357 used to hurl brass 20 feet. I put in the new spring in the StevesGunz kit, and now they fall right at my feet.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

I don't use a brass catcher with my semi-auto pistols, but Caldwell makes a dandy one for the AR15.

Here are some to ponder:

http://www.brownells.com/search/index.h ... &ksubmit=y
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

zippy wrote:My 92 in .357 used to hurl brass 20 feet. I put in the new spring in the StevesGunz kit, and now they fall right at my feet.
I bet this little LCP throws it that far.
My Falling Block threw it until I read the instructions and set it so it just hands it to me.
Being a revolver guy this whole thing throws me, and 380 brass calls for a magnifyer to see it.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

My little TCP chambered in 380 throws it about 20 to 21 feet straight behind me.
Michael
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

I keep a large cardboard box for a brass catcher. With most auto loader rifles I just set the box next to me and all the brass is launched right into it. There is or was a company that made a rather large net you spread out and when you picked it up just right all the brass would roll to one spot. I want to say it was actually called "brass catcher" or "brass magnet" or some such. I always chickened out on their asking price.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I have a number of brass throwers and find that my levers tend to drop it at my feet so it can roll out under the bench where I can't recover it at the range. That stinks on ice. Especially since the range just concreted the walk areas right up to the benches to aid in roll away brass.

Ain't nothing saving CZ-52 brass and if there's folks to your right they are likely to be ill at you when the stuff goes zooming exit stage right out to about 20 yards.