Rossi Circuit Judge 50 Yards

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Rossi Circuit Judge 50 Yards

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Do to my life I hardly ever get to just schedule a time to go to a range and shoot. So I recently got my Circuit Judge worked on, it had uneven Forcing Cone, and my Cylinder was not straight, some other adjustments were made. Take me too long to bore every one.
I took it in as my Cylinder had rotation issues.
I have my favorite load, that took all summer to work up 2 years ago. The 45/410 is a strange animal. normal reasoning is out the door.
But I don't give up on any gun until I find it's happy place. I am shooting :
Star Line cases. trimmed
Xtreme .452 230grn JHP Bullet
Hodgdon HS6 Powder a powder company representative recommended it.
My load is 0.2 grns over max pressure for a Colt Revolver, may or may not apply.
The day was perfect, sun at my back, the red and green sites glowing. Comfy in my cheezy lawn chair.
I shot rapid fire 410 #7 Shot about 50 rounds. no clean.
I shot rapid fire about 30 of my Colt 45 rounds.
Then I noticed my rear site was loose, I tightened it.and set up target board and 3 targets.
At just under 50 yards,(141 feet exactly) Shot 3(Target Not posted) I adjusted the rear site down and left, then I shot 5
2.jpg
Then at the next paper I moved site to the right, shot 5
1.jpg
Now after this, in somewhat surprize, I pushed the rear site a bit hoping to be closer, and slid it up the ramp 1/8". One shot left. I walked past the target and stuck a brake Clean can in a tree about 65 yards.
3.jpg
Now I would NEVER say a Circuit Judge is accurate, compared to rifles, but as a revolver, I like it,
Could I go shoot this group again, don't know. I hesitated to post this as its, well kinda good for a REVOLVER.
Well, out of ammo, phone ringing, through every thing in the van took off.
If I did not like you all here, I would not take the time to do this, I Hope this is of some value.
HS6 is on the slow side for a 45 Colt, it makes it sound real funny, Unique burns too fast, all the barrel did was slow the bullet, this load Chronographed at 1095 to 1105 15 shots fired 10 feet from the Chronograph.
Will it work in your gun, I got no idea,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi Circuit Judge 50 Yards

Post by Ranch Dog »

That is great shooting for a CJ! Do you know what the smith did with the forcing cone. That was the main issue for me; when it's capable of swallowing almost the complete cartridge, never mind the bullet, things are not starting out great.
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Rossi Circuit Judge 50 Yards

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

It was in my best words, damaged by cyl. being stuck, he trued it. Some washer had to be replaced after that.
Truth to, this load has always been real good in this. Other powders, bullets no luck.
On a personal note RD, we both know if all the holes don't line up just right, the bullet hates going around corners to get where its going, my forcing cone was not round, #3 and #5 hole did not stop in line with the hole
5 still aint perfect. What you said about swallowing the whole round, crazy. If I could turn back the clock, I would not have bought it, but it is a sweet 410.

OH! one other thing, after this, with 45 sited in 65 or so yd, the 410 now shoots low.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.