Friendly Rifle Shoot

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Friendly Rifle Shoot

Post by Moon Tree »

I know some of you are within driving distance of me, so I thought I would extend an invitation to my Rossi-rifleman friends to a little friendly shoot I'm hosting on my farm. As the name states, it's a friendly shoot designed to get a little practice in before hunting season. The range is a little "redneck-ish but functional. The stations and shooting styles are supposed to resemble shooting situation one might encounter while deer hunting.

The shoot will be August 28, 29 and 30.

Primitive camping is available.

Proposed weekend schedule:

Friday afternoon/evening--meet and greet, maybe a fun handgun shoot at moving targets.

Dinner will be fried squirrel ( if Brian, H and I can manage to drop a few) and roasted veggies.

Saturday-- Breakfast at 8AM

Range practice at 10AM till lunch break.

Shooting start around 2 PM

Dinner at dark-thirty of smoke wild boar.

The proposed rule:

Mono-pods can not be attached to the rifle. Sand bags or similar devices can not be use.

Frist shoot: Non-center fire rifles at 50 yards at a paper bullseye target. Your choice of shooting positions, standing with or without mono-pod, sitting with mono-pod, sitting resting off knees or prone. No bi-pods, tri-pods or bench allowed. Top 2 scores advance to the finals.

Second shoot: Center fire rifles, IRON SITES ONLY at 100 yards shooting at a something like a 4" gong. Your choice of shooting positions, standing with or without mono-pod, sitting with mono-pod, sitting resting off knees or prone. No bi-pods, tri-pods or bench allowed. Top 2 scores advance.

Third shoot: Scoped center fire rifles at 200 yards shooting at a 4" or 6" gong. Your choice of shooting positions, standing with or without mono-pod, sitting with mono-pod, kneeling shooting off your knees, sitting resting off knees or prone. No bi-pods, tri-pods or bench allowed. Top 2 scores advance.

Each person will fire 5 rounds at each of the 3 competitions. The top 2 scores will advance to the finals. If anyone cuts a chain/rope holding a gong they will be penalized on their next shot with only one chain/rope holding their target. If there is a "clank" of metal by the bullet hitting the gong and/or the gong moves they will be awarded the points for a hit, unless there is a broken chain.

The top 2 scores from each round will advance to the finals: The finals will be a NON-center fire rifle shoot at 30 yards at a squirrel target. One point awarded for hitting the body, Three points awarded for a chest shot. Five points awarded for a head shot. Ten points awarded for shooting the acorn in his paws. Shooting position will be either: sitting, resting both elbow on your knees or kneeling with one elbow on one knee.

A $5 pool will be awarded to the winner. Trophies will be given for each division.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Friendly Rifle Shoot

Post by akuser47 »

Man sounds like fun, if I ever get to slow down n smell the roses again. It's getting their my daughter turns 18 on this August 29th so more freedom is coming.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

This is a great Idea and thanks for hosting it! I made the topic a sticky.
Michael
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

Thanks Micheal. It's not a real big deal, just 10 or 20 friends getting together to make smoke. I just felt I should invite my Rossi-Rifleman friends, also. It would be nice to meet the great folks here face to face.
Dave
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

1 in my busiest time of year.
Otherwise id be willing do drive 2500 miles to that,, Im in Utah,, somewhere tweest Wyoming and Nevada, 15 miles North West of the NSA spy center,,,,
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Bibletotingunslinger wrote:1 in my busiest time of year.
Otherwise id be willing do drive 2500 miles to that,, Im in Utah,, somewhere tweest Wyoming and Nevada, 15 miles North West of the NSA spy center,,,,
I'm guessing you didn't see the time stamps. :lol: :o :oops:
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

My brain dead
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Mrlucky353

Post by Mrlucky353 »

Glad you 'bumped' it, Bibletotingunslinger.

Nice idea, Moon Tree.

And GasGuzzler, nothing gets by you!
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

Well guys, don't worry. I'll probably do another shoot next August. :)
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

Sounds like fun Moon !

Where's the photos ?

Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns