Who Forgets Stuff ?

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Who Forgets Stuff ?

Post by rman »

What - me forget guns, ammo, spotting scope, sand bags, etc. - never! However, I live 35 miles from the range and twice I've made the trip out there, only to discover I forgot my key card to get in. :oops: Now it stays in my truck full time.

Whoever said, "Getting old is not for sissies" sure nailed it. :mrgreen:
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Not once, but 3 times I left my capper home,,,,for me cap n ball deals.

Now for real bad, deer hunt 1990. Bolt action rifle been behind the seat all week. But this was the first day of the hunt we had to do some rough road, nice buck runs right infront of the truck, jumped out leaned the seat, grabbed the rifle, grabbed the bolt to open it, handle came right off the bolt, then I also noticed gun is all beat up.
I looked behind the seat, found that missing 8 ton bottle jack,,,, I had left it there 3 months earlier.
I had a 3 gun rack behind the seat, if the jack wasn't there, been no issue.
Last edited by Bibletotingunslinger on 04 Oct 2015 07:44, edited 1 time in total.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Bibletotingunslinger wrote:Not once, but 3 times I left my capper home,,,,for me cap n ball deals.

Now for real bad, deer hunt 1990. Bolt action rifle been behind the seat all week. But this was the first day of the hunt we had to do some rough road, nice buck runs right infront of the truck, jumped out leaned the seat, grabbed the rifle, grabbed the bolt to open it, handle came right off the bolt, then I also noticed gun is all beat up.
I looked behind the seat, found that missing 8 ton bottle jack,,,, I had left it there 3 months earlier.
That would do it. I had a friend, now passed, that was always sticking a rifle under or behind his truck seat. Everyone one of them, when they were pulled out, were damaged. He could afford a lot of guns and would just chuck it, buy another, and stick it under the seat. Never understood that.
Michael
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

For what it's worth ... I shove the Rossi under the back seat of the P/U
but always in a padded case ;)

Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
Zippidydoodah

Post by Zippidydoodah »

Went to the doc yesterday with the wife for semi-annual checkup. Wife goes first, pays eith a check, and makes appointment for next time. Asks me to get cancelled check, etc when I'm done. (Pay clerk also semi-senior), tells me wife forgot to fill in the date on check so I do it and give back. She processes and gives me cancelled check, etc back. Go home and give paperwork to wife and chide her for not dating it. We both have a senior laugh. And then she tells me to look at the signature. It just says "Joyce". We have another "senior" laugh!
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

Zippidydoodah wrote:Went to the doc yesterday with the wife for semi-annual checkup. Wife goes first, pays eith a check, and makes appointment for next time. Asks me to get cancelled check, etc when I'm done. (Pay clerk also semi-senior), tells me wife forgot to fill in the date on check so I do it and give back. She processes and gives me cancelled check, etc back. Go home and give paperwork to wife and chide her for not dating it. We both have a senior laugh. And then she tells me to look at the signature. It just says "Joyce". We have another "senior" laugh!
Sence of humor is good medicine !!! Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

![/quote]

Sence of humor is good medicine !!! Jim[/quote]

Amen to that brother
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Anybody with a lick of sense can just read the stuff in this forum, and ya gotta know its an over the hill gang +zzz
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Bibletotingunslinger wrote:Anybody with a lick of sense can just read the stuff in this forum, and ya gotta know its an over the hill gang +zzz
:mrgreen:
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.