Range day with the 17's and the Marlin

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Range day with the 17's and the Marlin

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Well, I took the ammo for the Rossi and forgot the gun :oops: .
The new A17 is a hoot and it needs some breaking in, but to be expected. The older Savage bolt gun is still the tack drive it always was.

I did remember the Marlin and the Hornady Leverolution ammo. If my notes are correct the Marlin was last shot with some Remington 200 grain ammo at 50 yards. Yesterday the Hornady ammo was a good 9 or 10 inches higher at 50 than the old Remington loading. Not sure that the pointy bullet accounts for all of that and I don't have any of the Rem stuff left. I'd like to run both over the screens and see what the differences are.

A good day with nice weather for a change.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Range day with the 17's and the Marlin

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
Any day at the range is a good day. Least that is what many have written.
I have forgot to many things also. But happily there was always more than one firearm involved so it was not a complete loss. Those old Savages are super rifles. I have a 32-20 model 23 and it still reigns as my most accurate 32 WCF I have ever owned. Can even beat my 32 -20 Dan Wesson but I think it is only because that longer barrel gives a better sight distance. Have no plans on ever turning mine loose.
Do enjoy the warm days with a straight shooting rifle.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Range day with the 17's and the Marlin

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Her Savages aren't quite that old both being 17HMR, but I continue to be amazed at the quality that Savage builds into their guns at a reasonable price.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image