Rossi 92 .45 Colt

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Rossi 92 .45 Colt

Post by Ranch Dog »

The shooting looks real good too me especially in light of the conditions at the time and that it is a new rifle. I'm willing to bet that the groove is .451" and quite uniform based on the three new rifles I've slugged.

For quite a while now I've been starting all my initial shooting at 25 yards. Whether It is the sighting-in (scope or open sights) or load development, it is all done at 25 yards. My intent is to remove as much sight error and the environmental conditions as possible so it is not reflected in the initial group. I don't move out until the shots are extremely close or touching. If the shots can't be that close at this distance, they will not be workable at any other distances. Of course, if there is an issue it is corrected. It would be interesting to see the results of this shooting at half the distance given the wind and working with the new sights/rifle.

I was shooting a new rifle yesterday, my Savage 10FCM chambered in 308 Win. The shooting was a 25 yards despite the five shots touching, the shooting clearly identified horizontal stringing out to the left. Sure enough, the there was a bedding issue that I corrected. With the wind we have been having, at 50 to 100 yards, I would have blown off the error to the wind.
Michael
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

Micheal, that makes sense at 25 yards. To be honest, I just go lazy. I was going to start at .25 yards, but my bench was at 50 so I tried it there. When I was hitting paper, that's where I stayed. I'll try .25 yards my next session.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
WyrTwister

Post by WyrTwister »

I size my bullets at .454" for .45 LC as SOP .

I do not hot rod the .45 LC an recoil is mild . One of the things I like about the caliber .

.357 Mag in a Rossi lever gun is also very nice to shoot .

God bless
Wyr