Just A Quick Update

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Just A Quick Update

Post by Jaybm »

It's been a rainy week so no range trip. The previous week I did do the deed
with the BullsEye powder and can report it didn't live up to the TiteGroup
results. Grouping wasn't terrible but they were high.

Been sharing the results with an ole fishing buddy and his comment was
" pretty good shooting but how do you do offhand ". I suppose the challenge
now is to find out ! Maybe next week ? Ha ha being on the upside of 80
with unsteady hands and poor eyesight I don't expect much. I think I may
have one of those 1/4 size human outline targets around here someplace ?

Jim
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Just A Quick Update

Post by mr surveyor »

Jim, I think I can say for sure that I wouldn't want to be the stand-in if you don't find those 1/4 size human outline targets. :)

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

ha ha ha , jd any distance beyond 75 yards and you would be safe !

Well now they're predicting thunder storms arriving around 8 am.
May be another wet week, Range isn't open on Mondays and my
personal weather observer ( Flash ) isn't getting anxious so I have
to wonder if that prediction is accurate.

Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

When my dog starts shaking, we will start to hear the thunder in about 3 to 5 minutes. Best alert there is. Nice looking dog!
Michael
f100cleveland

Post by f100cleveland »

Dogs are probably better than the weather guy at predicting thunder storms. We had a black Shepherd that would go down into basement and hide 12hrs before a storm. Good looking dog you have there.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

my faithful Doberman "guard dog", Guinness (black and tan, ya know), jumps to attention (in a whiney sort of way) and shakes when she hears a gun shot from a mile away ..... she makes sure no one sleeps when there's a little thunder and lightening. As a matter of fact, she even leaves the room when I'm cleaning, or just handling a firearm .... or she hears the light clicking sound of loading a magazine. We always wondered what her previous owner did to her.

But, back on "topic" ..... from looking at Jim's previous targets, I wouldn't play silhouette for him at even 200 yards. He still might accidentally shoot me :)

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

I had a Brittany Spaniel, Nana, who loved the sound of gunfire. But, she didn't like storms, at all. If bad weather was approaching she'd go to bathroom in my office, the most interior room in the house, and lay down. She never wined or howled, she just looked for shelter.

One of my new pups would get scare of thunder, shake and seek out my wife's lap. I put a stop to molly-coddling really quickly. Instead we started have "Boom-Boom Parties." When a thunderstorm came up we'd get happy, excited and play with her and the other dogs on the floor. It worked. Now, she'll stand in the rain in a mild thunderstorm. We have to call her back in the house.

Jaybm, shooting off handed in over rated. haha Sure if a bear is attacking or a two-legged vermin, it might be needed, but those are probably going to be close range shots. Even in hunting situation I rarely find myself "having to shoot" off-handed. I can usually, at least drop to one knee and take rest of the other. This is one of my favorite field shooting stances. I can't remember deer that didn't end up on the pole shooting this style.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Talking about storms, they've been mounting moisture sensors on airplanes for several years that combined with some of the aircraft data let them get the same data out of the system they get out of a weather balloon. Since a weather balloon costs about a half a million in the U.S. having the system on an aircraft that goes up and down multiple times a day tends to be a pretty good deal.

Just spent last week doing the first mod to another type of aircraft for that kind of system.
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

Matter of fact ... shooting thru those big ole culverts you "must" sit at the bench.
So not sure if using my elbows as a rest would count as "off hand" ? I suppose I
could raise my elbows off the bench just to see the results. Found an outline
target I might be able to hit.

Thunder boomers arrived at ~ 4:30 pm and as expected the "police" dog was pressed
against my legs till they passed.

jd. until recently Flash would leave the room when I would clean any firearm. He seems
to be comfortable with the Rossi after sniffing it, maybe since it's almost a weekly
occurrence around here.

Hey ... not raining this morning, give it another day to dry out and Wednesday is
looking pretty good for a range day !
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
Rains here have finally moved on and I have been to my little canyon spot a couple of times. Just about ready to dig out my lead and recycle it into some more 44 WCF & 358 revolver fodder.
Our old Spaniel was the best earthquake predicter we ever knew. 12 hours before we had the 6.1 here in Arequipa in 2001 he was jumping up and down yapping. 4 hours before he was jumping straight up at the kitchen door and swinging his rear end into the the door. My wife said one hour early he went into his house and would not come out. Then when it started she went out in the back yard to sit it out and ol Spot was right there next to her. Me I was at church with the regular Saturday afternoon children's program.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.