One More Range Trip

Maximizing the performance of your Rossi firearm.
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

One More Range Trip

Post by Jaybm »

Don't know where ya'll are at but here in upstate SC FALL has started with a vengeance.
Fifty-nine degrees ( F ), brisk breeze out of the north and then it began sprinkling !
Fortunately I was putting my stuff in the truck by then.

This was a "let's start over day ". Shooting more of the 125gr copper plated RFN over 4.7g Tite Group,
.357 mag of course. Target at 50 yards. Long story short, the rest just didn't work for me so I just used
the front. Tweaked the aperture several times over the course of shooting twenty rounds. And finally
the last three rounds looked good so I figured I better stop there.
Sept. 23 Range Report.JPG
For fun I took the Browning Buck Mark and was shooting left consistently. I handed it the RO and he
did the same. I must mention the difference between the trigger on the .357 carbine and the .22 lr
is like night and day. Just think about squeezing the trigger on the Buck Mark and it goes bang !
So four clicks right on the rear sight then back one and my group really tightened up. The gentleman
in the next lane started spotting for me, he just happens to be a "sharpshooter" although having a
red dot on his pistol helps. His appeared to be an early model Ruger with the bull barrel.
Buckmark.JPG
I might add my "hold" ain't as steady as it once was !

So for some marksmanship competition he and the RO were busting clays laying on the berm 34 yards
down range. ha ha, said Jim give it a go with your Browning ... needless to say I had puffs of dirt close
but no cigar, might have nudged it once.

It was a really fun day at the range ... Jim
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Gun Control Means Hitting The Target +guns
jdb

Re: One More Range Trip

Post by jdb »

LOL...yep, sounds like a good day. And it looks like other than a couple of fliers, you had the windage pretty dang good. I wouldn't be all that disappointed with those last 3 either. Looks like just a touch of elevation adjustment and you'd have had to switch back to black dots to have a bullseye to shoot at. ;~)

Oh, I'm partial to the bull barrel Ruger too. Dang good shooting gun with everything I've fed um. Better than I am for sure. ;~)
"As to the species of exercise, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind." Thomas Jefferson
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

:D yep, looks like I need to stick a fresh target on the frame.

Gonna stick with the 125gr bullets for awhile, new batch should arrive at any time.
Sure would be nice to start where I left off.

Deer season opens the first and quite a few "hunters" limbering up their rifles
yesterday.

My rest just threw me off ???
Rossi 2.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Jaybm wrote:Deer season opens the first and quite a few "hunters" limbering up their rifles yesterday.
Good luck Jaybm and hope to see a photo of a nice buck in the Hunting side of the forum!

I flew into the CHS a few weeks back and was exiting the runway on a high speed taxiway and almost took a very nice buck through the left engine. Heavy nine point with about an 18" inside spread. He was chasing a doe!
Michael
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Jaybm wrote:I must mention the difference between the trigger on the .357 carbine and the .22 lr
is like night and day. Just think about squeezing the trigger on the Buck Mark and it goes bang!
Nice shooting with the 92 Jaybm! It looks like your Browning is shooting good too. My 92's trigger pull is around 1 lb - probably lighter than the Buck Mark. Not good for hunting, but great for PCCLA competition. I loaded up some 125 gr Berry's plated and some Berry's 125 gr hard cast bullets with your Tite Group load. Haven't had a chance to try them yet.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I've been feeling the need for a nice Buckmark.

I almost got one after college but I already had a MKII Govt Ruger with the 6&7/8" Bull barrel and it would outshoot my buddy's Standard Buckmark at the time.

Since then I've added a Smith 41 7", High Standard Trophy 5" Bull, MKII Standard 5" fixed sights and MKII Target 6" tapered barrel and a Smith 17.

I still feel the need for a nice Buckmark, a Smith 617 and if one popped up at the right price a Colt Diamondback.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Archer wrote:I've been feeling the need for a nice Buckmark.

I almost got one after college but I already had a MKII Govt Ruger with the 6&7/8" Bull barrel and it would outshoot my buddy's Standard Buckmark at the time.

Since then I've added a Smith 41 7", High Standard Trophy 5" Bull, MKII Standard 5" fixed sights and MKII Target 6" tapered barrel and a Smith 17.

I still feel the need for a nice Buckmark, a Smith 617 and if one popped up at the right price a Colt Diamondback.
Well... everyone know you can't have too many guns! Go for 'em.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Buck marks are the comp to ruger love both but have found better accuracy out of ruger this is personal, not industry fact both are fine arms, and buck marks are more user friendly as well if you can deal with the mark series for tear down then stick with them they give better results for the work.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Jaybm
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Jaybm »

+of but have to ask ... Archer, you a married man ?
My wife's typical response to me thinking of buying another firearm is
" you only have two hands why do you need another gun ".

After 62 years ( yeah, with the same one ) we learn to compromise.
Guns.jpg
Some but not all ... Jim
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

Jim - is that revolver in the lower right corner of the photo a Dan Wesson?