Wood Bore Wars

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Wood Bore Wars

Post by Moon Tree »

Ohio, thank for the carpenter bee clarifications

moose, tennis rackets are fun, also. The bees are fast. I've had them duck tennis rackets or dart above my swing. But they are not faster than .22 call rat shot. :D The problem with rat-shot is it is expensive. At $9 for a card of 20, it is about 3 times the cost of my plinking loads for my .357. But, then again it's cheaper than a movie with popcorn and a coke. And, most of the time, it's more entertaining. haha

Thanks guys for all of positive responses to my stories over the years. They have inspired to tap into my creative side, once again. I will post an announcement in topic bucket.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.
pacificpt

Post by pacificpt »

Living in California I have never seen on;, ugly little critters. The Bearcat looks like good medicine for them, and a great way to keep the eye sharp.
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Good evening Another fine story ! Cream of wheat at 5 feet works well also. I am partial to the 45 Colt with bug loads.
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Fine story, indeed. The spitting was a nice touch.

Rat shot and capsules can be had pretty reasonably, if you reload. Cream O' Wheat, even cheaper.
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

Harry, I've thinking of reloading some rat shot for my .357's and .45 Colts. I just haven't taken that plunge, yet.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.