new convert

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
coyotebc

new convert

Post by coyotebc »

I was out camping for a few days with a buddy of mine.
Plenty of black bear in the area with the very rare grizzly.
We were both sleeping under a tarp with bivy sacks.
He had a 14" barrel Norco 12 guage, I decided to bring my old Marlin 44 mag just in case I saw a black tail buck on the trip
Jason was looking over the Marlin and couldn't believe it was around 60 years old.
I then offered to let him shoot a few rounds off (winchester white box 240 grain hp)

He fell in love, gonna let him try my ranch hand next trip out and see what he thinks
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: new convert

Post by Ranch Dog »

Having never been out in that kind of country, that Marlin would have been keeping me warm in the sack.
Michael
coyotebc

Post by coyotebc »

While extremely rare, predatory bear attacks do happen
The reality is that we are more likely to get in an accident driving there and back then from a bear.
Having said that, at the entrance of the forest service road and at some of the recreational sites we passed there were signs about an experienced hiker that went missing a couple of months ago.

We both used prudent precautions, a clean camp, cooking area away from our sleeping area
We both carry bear spray, and at night we had bear spray, firearms and lights within easy reach
coyotebc

Post by coyotebc »

While extremely rare, predatory bear attacks do happen
The reality is that we are more likely to get in an accident driving there and back then from a bear.
Having said that, at the entrance of the forest service road and at some of the recreational sites we passed there were signs about an experienced hiker that went missing a couple of months ago.

We both used prudent precautions, a clean camp, cooking area away from our sleeping area
We both carry bear spray, and at night we had bear spray, firearms and lights within easy reach