Three Legged Boar

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Three Legged Boar

Post by Ranch Dog »

pacificpt wrote:Really nice looking rifle, and interesting seeing how the three legger seemed to be doing alright for himself. O
Thanks! I bought another 170B on GB yesterday, a 30-30 Win. Like this one it was described by the shop owner as 98 to 99% and belonged to the gunsmith under his employ. I assured him it would be well cared for and put to immediate use killing hogs. Funny thing is that I in my 62 years I have never seen a pump gun in the hands of a big game hunter in South Texas and I now own two. My interest is not so much the action but "working man" big game rifles. The type of rifle my father and his friends would have sought out on a limited budget although they would have never considered a pump gun.
Michael
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Three Legged Boar

Post by Moon Tree »

I love pump guns. They were my passion until I got a lever gun. My first deer rifle was a Remington 7600 in a .270. I have a Remington Special Field 12 gauge with it's 20" barrel. If my sole purpose it to gather meat, that's the gun I grab. I, also, have a Hastings Paradox barrel for it. Try finding on of those for a Special Field on GB.

I have my father's Winchester pump .12 gauge (not a model 12 :( )

I used to try to bet with friends that I could shoot a pump shotgun as fast and as accurately as they could their autos. I never got a taker. I could throw up 2 empty 12 gauge hulls and ask the other person to put a 3rd on in the air at my first shot. I'd hit all 3. Oh, to be young again.

Nice bacon RD. And a nice rifle.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.