Cat stories?

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Cat stories?

Post by akuser47 »

Ok I live in a small city, and the cats in my neighborhood are so thick its ridiculous. I used to trap near 60 a year and take them to the humane society. They now want 25 bucks a piece for me to do that. It's illegal to kill them it's illegal to release again and its illegal to relocate. So what options are there anyone else have Kitty problems. I'm not joking I'm looking for ideas to try and talk to the game warden and local humane offices to see if we can solve it. I have no issue with humanely putting them down as cost to feed them is to high just to many. I also know few would agree to this as an option. I just don't want activists upset. So keep this in mind, and I want to stay legal as both my neighbors are animal lovers and probably part of the problem. Ok less hear ideas if you got them? +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Steve-R
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Cat stories?

Post by Steve-R »

akuser47 wrote:Ok I live in a small city, and the cats in my neighborhood are so thick its ridiculous. I used to trap near 60 a year and take them to the humane society. They now want 25 bucks a piece for me to do that. It's illegal to kill them it's illegal to release again and its illegal to relocate. So what options are there anyone else have Kitty problems. I'm not joking I'm looking for ideas to try and talk to the game warden and local humane offices to see if we can solve it. I have no issue with humanely putting them down as cost to feed them is to high just to many. I also know few would agree to this as an option. I just don't want activists upset. So keep this in mind, and I want to stay legal as both my neighbors are animal lovers and probably part of the problem. Ok less hear ideas if you got them? +corn
Don't tell the Wardens, and use CCI mini caps in a long barrel. Or borrow a hound that has a taste for cats.
zippy
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by zippy »

Found this article discussing feral cat control. In your situation, the article seems to recommend extermination by carbon monoxide, and furnishes a link for more info.

https://www.animallaw.info/article/deta ... on-control
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I think a dog is the key It's been a long time since I've trained a dog but it be easy to train one. I don't think I can get into trouble for my dog killing feral cats.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

akuser47 wrote:I think a dog is the key It's been a long time since I've trained a dog but it be easy to train one. I don't think I can get into trouble for my dog killing feral cats.
You made me giggle,, my wife has a long hair chihuahua that wants so bad to kill them, but he just ain't big enough. +corn
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
Steve-R
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Steve-R »

It is actually illegal to shoot ferule cats in Iowa. Stupid Law.
It forces a guy to wait until nobody is looking.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I like tame house cats. Sue me. Ragged and harmful no use wild animals need taken out quickly without suffering.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I forgot my mom has a in house cat she lives in my downstairs apartment so that may backfire on me. Huh :lol: What to do plus it will be a process to train the dog. I wish I could just use the nuisance permit could be signed for like a time period or a season.
Steve-R
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Steve-R »

akuser47 wrote:I forgot my mom has a in house cat she lives in my downstairs apartment so that may backfire on me. Huh :lol: What to do plus it will be a process to train the dog. I wish I could just use the nuisance permit could be signed for like a time period or a season.
Use a gonna be dead trap, also known as a live trap. That way you can return your Mom's cat unharmed.
Like I said in another post. That old Chinese saying is "One man's pet is another man's pest."
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Live trap is what I used to use to take them to the humane society. Her cat stays inside so dog may still be the way to go with this.