Cat stories?

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Steve-R
Supporter
Supporter

Re: Cat stories?

Post by Steve-R »

Steve-R wrote:Live trap, then take them on a one way trip to introduce them to a 22.
I forgot to mention. You probably know this but the longer 22 barrel the quieter the mini caps are.

My Father-In-Law's old Rem Target Master, measures 25 inches from bolt face to muzzle. The mini cap short are the quietest I have shot. Somebody would have to be walking the cat on a leach to hear the shot.

Let em have it through the ribs. Sometimes these little rounds just glance off their skull.

"All the above was told to me by a trusted source." I would never break a law.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

I have a 20" Marlin 60 that sounds like a powerful air rifle with quiets.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

My plan is to buy cheap processed meats that don't smell bad as they rot aldi Vienna sausages. I will start throwing them in the middle of my street its a busy street and should cause many to eat well. Its what I used to use in my live traps it doesn't rot like fresh meat. I think its a perfect option as that's not a crime what I dropped a sausage I am sorry ossifer. lol +guns +corn
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Like the outside the box thinking!
Michael
SaltH2Odeprived

Post by SaltH2Odeprived »

A stray cat recently had kittens in a wood pile behind my house, they are just starting to discover the world around the pile. I am beginning to realize I will have to do something with these cats. Last night about dusk I was on my back porch looking back at the wood pile when a huge great horned owl cruised silently past the wood pile checking out the kittens. I sat and watched till it was too dark to see and the owl made several passes, always landing on a tree that had a view of the wood pile. Looks like the owl may take care of the stray kittens, gonna keep watch... it may be entertaining. I love watching nature do what nature does.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

GasGuzzler wrote:I have a 22" Marlin 60 that sounds like a powerful air rifle with quiets.
FIXED :D
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Steve-R
Supporter
Supporter

Post by Steve-R »

One of my neighbors have a cat (they don't claim to be theirs of course) I would go out of my way to help that cat if it was in a fight. It is light colored and the tail is ringed like a raccoon.

Well one thing I hate more than stepping in cat doo is stepping in robin doo left all over our front porch. Those stinking robins hang around my place and crap on everything. The penalty for shooting one of them is court marshal, shot, and sent to the Russian front.

Now the good part. That cat is the huntingest animal I have ever watched, and guess what? It has a taste for robin. It went from up to 8 of those stinking robins in my front yard to occasionally a couple. It must have bushwhacked some robins on the porch cuz I never see them there and no droppings.

I think in that cats' last life it must have been a good bird dog.
TinMan
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by TinMan »

I have a Marlin 880 (SS, 22" bbl, bolt gun) that I set up just for the Aguila Super Colibri (powderless) round. With an old scope I had laying around, these will do head shots on squirrels out to 50 feet. Since they are a primer only round they will not cycle an action.......hey, it's a bolt gun....I don't care. In this rifle they are quieter than my pellet rifles........ 8-)
"The further a society drifts from truth, the more it will hate those who speak it."
George Orwell

"Fight only when you must. But if it's unavoidable.....fight like your the third monkey trying to get on the Ark."
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

akuser47 wrote:My plan is to buy cheap processed meats that don't smell bad as they rot aldi Vienna sausages. I will start throwing them in the middle of my street its a busy street and should cause many to eat well. Its what I used to use in my live traps it doesn't rot like fresh meat. I think its a perfect option as that's not a crime what I dropped a sausage I am sorry ossifer. lol +guns +corn
:mrgreen:
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.