The Monster from Hell

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

The Monster from Hell

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

So my son was 12. Long ago, we had dogs, sleds, not together, just dogs,,,,,,,and sleds, his shephard and my Pitt Bull, and these plastic tub snow sleds. So he had his 22, I had my 50 hawken deal,,,,,,he kills a rabbit, we tied it on the sled and kept going. Snow shoes and all,,,
I saw another rabbit, I figure if I just clipped his head we could eat it, I missed, gun goes booooom, report sounded funny, all I heard after was "Dad!, check this out, lets camp here."
My guns report had echoed down this mine shaft.
So we whooped out the lantern, blizzard out side, bout 500 feet back in this solid rock mine shaft was this shaft shot almost straight down. We tossed a rock, it kept tumbling till we just couldnt here it.
So we pitched tent just inside the shaft. Went shooting, come back, sitting there eating rabbit, open food on top of the trunk, here goes this deer mouse, runs right through the food.
Not a week earlier I just saw on the news guy died from Hantavirus, from deer mouse, how who cares.
So we are laying in bed, boy snoring, dogs snoring, Im stressing over the deer mouse.
Next thing I know I am dreaming, this monster from hell is comming out of that hole 500 feet back.
Im like, this is a terrible dream, I gotta wake up, shook myself, blink my eyes and still the Monster is growling,,,,,
I put on my glasses, flash light, rewolwer, unzip tent, hit the switch on the flas light, there it was ,,,,,,

That 80 lb Pitt Bull snoring, the sound echoed down that hole and back like crazy,
That was the last time I camped under ground.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: The Monster from Hell

Post by rman »

Good story! I wondered where it was going. :lol:
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Great story. I'd be hard pressed to sleep in a cave but a blizzard would do it. Most of the caves I've been in here in Texas, save the tourist attractions, are full of rattlers!
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Nice
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
coyotebc

Post by coyotebc »

Good story
Mrlucky353

Post by Mrlucky353 »

Lol.
yukondog

Post by yukondog »

Good story, thanks.