Five in September!

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Five in September!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Shot this fellow just after moon rise at 11 o'clock last night. Dark as can be but with the differences in vegetation, I engaged him at 70 yards. BOOM! 45 Colt Scout made its mark.

He was quartering to me and continued towards me at the shot moving back into the thicket. As I stepped back a step or two, with the grass crunching he started roaring like a lion. I've heard this quite a bit, unnerving out in there in the still of night. I stood still, actually heard him breath his last and then I walked out. Went back out this morning with my Dad. He was closer than I thought to where I was standing, about 10 yards. Shot was great despite him quartering to me, right through the important stuff and out the last rib. Fifth hog this month!

I watch that goof ball, Jerry Campbell, on American Hogger tear up more country running dogs, horses, and hogs hard. What an idiot. Just kill the damned things. Still, I do love his one liners. He is right when he says "you now have more hogs than you did yesterday". Last year hogs reached critical mass in Texas, more hogs than deer and that spells trouble for the whitetail. First rule here is if you see one, put a bullet in it, put that bullet anywhere you can. Second rule is hunt ever night you can.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Five in September!

Post by akuser47 »

Alright great work keep it up.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!