First Kill With SCJ44!

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

First Kill With SCJ44!

Post by Ranch Dog »

Yesterday, I decided to go back to the exact spot that I killed a boar hog with my R92 with. My experience has been when you kill a lone boar hog, you creates a black hole that sucks another into it. Something to do with vacant territory. The vacated territory encompasses an American Beauty Berry flat inside an oak bottom so it provides a bunch of foraging and opens up a bit for me, a good hunting spot. Right about the same time, in the same spot, a boar appeared. He was standing in the same spot as the last hog at the shot and after crashing through the brush, died within 3 yards of the spot the last hog died!

Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: First Kill With SCJ44!

Post by akuser47 »

Can't beat that, You can just keep painting the dirt red with hogs blood. Glad the rifle is working out for you. I cannot fatham how much of an issue hogs are for you folks out there in texas. We have a few here and there in southern Ohio. Not like texas though amazing how many there are. They need to start a payment process for everyone killed 10 dollars I bet the hunters all over would rush to clean up on that. I think it would destroy their numbers. Good kill keep it up.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!