Beautiful Evening, Fishing with Grandson!

Whether plinking or chasing big game, tell us about your day outdoors!
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Beautiful Evening, Fishing with Grandson!

Post by rman »

Bibletotingunslinger wrote:My grandparents were all but gone when I was born, now my grand kids want to move in with us,I wish I could have known my grand parents. Thats why pictures are so important. If I may, suggest to all the Grandpas out there. Write down a thing about your life, and leave it for the grand kids, the day will come, it will be worth a lot.
One of our grandsons did move in with us 5 years ago. He has become an excellent rifle and shotgun shot and an avid hunter. There is no greater joy than spending time with him as he is growing up. No matter if they live with you or not, the relationship you build with your grand kids is an experience they will never forget.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words! Thanks for sharing.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

NavyDoc76-80 wrote:Talk about a picture being worth a thousand words! Thanks for sharing.
You're welcome!
Michael
pacificpt

Post by pacificpt »

RD,

I have shown the pictures you took of Noah fishing, and then his huge smile after catching the largemouth bass, to a number of people at my clinic. Living here in CA many are anti hunting, anti fishing, etc.. I tell the them to look at the smile your grandson has and then ask them when the last time they had their kids or grandchildren smile like that. Usually shuts them up. The conversation usually gets started when they ask why I have hunting, fishing and gun magazines in my clinic along with the usual drivel magazines.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pacificpt wrote:RD,

I have shown the pictures you took of Noah fishing, and then his huge smile after catching the largemouth bass, to a number of people at my clinic. Living here in CA many are anti hunting, anti fishing, etc.. I tell the them to look at the smile your grandson has and then ask them when the last time they had their kids or grandchildren smile like that. Usually shuts them up. The conversation usually gets started when they ask why I have hunting, fishing and gun magazines in my clinic along with the usual drivel magazines.
Great to hear!
Michael
rman
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by rman »

pacificpt wrote:The conversation usually gets started when they ask why I have hunting, fishing and gun magazines in my clinic along with the usual drivel magazines.
I wish more medical professionals would follow your example. I get a little tired of "Mens Health" and "WebMD" magazines.
At my age, there IS nothing better than shooting.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

the typical old worn junk magazines are in the lobby at the "medical conglomerate" clinic my doc works from .... but he's a true "convert". He's one that had a "life" before going to med school .... actually worked in the oil field for several years. I've been seeing him for about 10 years, and after about 3-4 years I was in an unexpected position of having to expose my "daily carry" (facility wasn't posted), and gave him fair warning. No problem, and it lead to an extended discussion about licensed carry and shooting sports in general. Two years later he and his wife both went through the Texas CHL procedure, and he bought some nice firearms. Also started taking his teenaged sons to the range. When I go in for my twice a year "15 minute physical", we spend one minute on the non-existent medical issues, then 20 more minutes on gun chatter. Maybe it's just living in "Smallsville", but there is hope out there (here anyway). :D

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Same with me and my doc, talk about hunting, fishing, and shooting! I love Smallsville!
Michael