CAS....SASS!?

Experience the old west through the Rossi rifle!
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: CAS....SASS!?

Post by akuser47 »

Great info, My issue with these clubs around here is the memebers are very wealthy and will not work with FNG's. I only wanted to watch a match and caught heck for being in my kahki cargo pants and rocky alpha combat boots. I jus decided I was btter off with out this beens I was not even trying to shoot or join. I was trying to see the people here and how they were. I think If I ever move I would try again I am to poor to drive 30 miles one way to attend a match an such thus far but will never give up. I want to get the clothes and looks fun and I always loved being a cownboy. I really want to try mounted qiuck shots as well It looks so fun. +guns Thanks for sharing I understand there are always that few that can make it a turn off for the rest.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Griff

Post by Griff »

There are some good clubs in OH... Here's a link to the current list: Ohio SASS Clubs
Griff, SASS #93
CMSA #93
GUSA #93
NRA Life
LSFSC Life
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Thanks for the link i need to check out some others to see.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Had a little interest long ago.

I've got zero interest in the clothes, be it period dress for SASS, WWII, or even the War of Northern Aggression unless a full bore reenactment is underway.

I've got pretty much zero interest in the gamers as well. I've done practical pistol / rifle a few times and the clown that throws a shot on the move into the dirt at his big toe makes me want to pack it all in and leave.

Hard cast lead fragments whizzing back through the bystanders off the steel plates is also something I can do without and something I've seen at 'safe' steel distances on a few occasions.

I guess like my bike riding I am less interested in the competition and the clothes than I am in having a good, SAFE, FUN, educational time.
Mike Weber

Post by Mike Weber »

I was into CAS for a few years. I'd been into black powder for quite a few years and I was hoping that SASS would provide the opportunity to compete with authentic BP cartridge guns of the period. I discovered that I along with other BP shooters were in the extreme minority at the clubs where I shot. That the competitive edge went to those shooting what amounted to Cowboy Race guns. CAS can be fun but, it can quickly become boring if you have the same people setting up what amounts to the same stages week after week with little variety.
Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixee?

http://www.shootersfreehold.com/Forums
A board for those “regular folks” who have a serious interest in firearms and the shooting sports, Preparedness, Camping, Fishing and other outdoor activities.
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Given the number replies and views of this thread, I was wondering for those in the cowboy action shooting could share their views of the use of BP substitute powder usage in metallic cartridges. I have started a thread call Pyrodex use but perhaps should have named it BP substitute use to include the different makes and gain a wider interest and more personal experiences.
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
NavyDoc76-80
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by NavyDoc76-80 »

Correction, the thread is Pyrodex Loads, and it's under the reloading category.

Pyrodex Loads
Last edited by Ranch Dog on 30 Jul 2014 07:57, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: I added a link to your Prodex Loads topic
Dave M
--//--
Let us tenderly and kindly cherish, therefore, the means of knowledge. Let us dare to read, think, speak and write.
John Adams

20" SS .357
16" SS .44
20" SS .45C
nharrison

Post by nharrison »

I would love to go and watch. Any shoots in southern Indiana? I have a rossi lever 92 and just ordered a vaquero 357 last week.