CAS....SASS!?

Experience the old west through the Rossi rifle!
twobitokie
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: CAS....SASS!?

Post by twobitokie »

I joined sass, shot a couple of times, then the knees went south, now in chair. lottsa fun if you can stand long enough to do it.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

twobitokie wrote:I joined sass, shot a couple of times, then the knees went south, now in chair. lottsa fun if you can stand long enough to do it.
I know a chap in a wheel chair that zonks em into the 10-ring pretty consistently with handgun or rifle.
He shames the heck out of me every time we're on the range together.
He even hunts deer from a ground blind and that meat poll in his yard has a deer on it just about every fall.
A wheel chair makes things tougher but not impossible.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
cpt-t

Post by cpt-t »

HI GUYS: I am new here , but my Son and I really enjoy CAS, I use a ROSSI 20inch SS 92m in 45LC, a pair of short barreled SS Ruger Vaquero`s in 45LC, and a 97 WIN. My gun cart just needs a pair of fuzzy dice I have been told. I also shoot WILD BUNCH and use my ROSSI in that to. My ROSSI is really a great gun for CAS and I have used it for 10 or 12 years with no problems at all. My ROSSI feeds RNFP 250 or 255 grain hard cast lead bullets the best. I use the same load for both the pistols and the rifle. If you have not given CAS a try you are missing something, a lot of fun people to shoot with and everybody has a good time. And you get to shoot a lot (( AND THAT IS GOOD )). I have also used the little ROSSI to hunt with and it is a joy to carry and shoot. Thanks for letting me join I have already enjoyed you comments and learned a lot. GOOD LUCK TO YOU: ken
Ray384
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Ray384 »

Can`t let knees get you down. I`m shooting CAS with two replaced knees, a replaced right shoulder and a couple of screws in my neck. The thing that kept me going was getting back to CAS.
LeverLover

Post by LeverLover »

I love my levers and SA revolvers, more than any pistols I own. Just getting into the CAS idea, since I turned late 60's. EYES not good for long distance iron site rifle anymore. :cry:
Is that your list of items you own, want to own, want to sell or if we have one, we are in??? just asking since I am looking for a .45 lever to add to my collection. Just bought a M92 .38/.357 and disturbed by the posts I read here about it. What are the problems?
LeverLover

Post by LeverLover »

Ray384 wrote:Can`t let knees get you down. I`m shooting CAS with two replaced knees, a replaced right shoulder and a couple of screws in my neck. The thing that kept me going was getting back to CAS.
Hey, right hip, left knee, right ankle, both shoulders and back all screwed, glued or most are totally replaced i nice shinny stainless. I guess I will fit right in!!! CAS here I come, slow, but still com'n. Just need the right tools. and a cart to double as a walker. :P
Hey why do you think us old guys like grocery shopping? Them carts are the best walkers made. And all the cute gals shop mid-day too. LOLOLOL :o
joec
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by joec »

Yes I shoot CAS in a group called NCOWS (National Congress of Old West Shootests) now we are similar to case but more period correct in that clothing, guns etc must be replicas of gear from 1966 to 1899 and no grade B movie class also other difference which I won't go into now. With that said most of the groups are made up of people with day jobs so the print up and send membership cards as best they can regardless. Now in my case I got no emails or even an acknowledgment that I had joined for about 45 days. If you have questions on this I suggest you go and sign up for http://www.cascity.com/forumhall/ as almost every group is there and can answer questions such as yours. Other than that not much more I can tell you.

Sorry I didn't read more than the OP first message or notice when this was posted. However setting up a NCOWS posse is pretty straight forward and would take no more than 5 like minded people if not in your area. Not sure about SASS since I'm not into speed as much as they are since our goal is more distances and accuracy as a miss costs us more and our targets tend be further back.
Joe
hawkeyeearl

Re: CAS....SASS or NCOWS

Post by hawkeyeearl »

Pards
Whether I am at SASS or NCOWS I just like to shoot and talk and look at costumes and guns. I am just relaxin' and havin' fun. Most cowboy shooters are that way. Of course, some or most can beat the socks off of me. But that is fun to watch too.
Thanks
HawkEyeEarl
grandad

Re: CAS....SASS!?-CLASR.

Post by grandad »

hI THERE i shoot the same event here in Australia we call it Cowboy lever action silhouette rifle.
this is an international event so should be similar to what you have. Lots of fun and and you can sure get thru some ammo.
Grandad
runfiverun
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by runfiverun »

i shot sass for a bit.
then some of the cowboy's complained about some cow excrement on my boots.
apparently i didn't dress cowboy enough for them :lol:
just because i worked with cow's and didn't dress like clint eastwood i didn't do it right. [shrugging]
they weren't too fond of me knocking their dingy noise cut out thingy's over with my loads either.
so i just moved along