CAS....SASS!?

Experience the old west through the Rossi rifle!
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

CAS....SASS!?

Post by kliff »

Are there NO Cowboy Action Shooters, or Single Action Shooting Society Members on board? NONE? I sent my membership into the SASS this weekend, just haven't heard back yet. Surely someone is out there...
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
'71 Winchester NRA Centennial 30/30
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Ruger Black Hawk 45LC (x2)
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: CAS....SASS!?

Post by akuser47 »

I am not but will be startin to learn the ins and outs to see if my gun club would be interested in some cowboy action shootin
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I kind of figured we might have some of those fellows join in but it just takes time to get the word out.
Michael
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

That is why I been keepin my eyes peeled for a nice EAA bounty hunter in .357 or maybe .45LC or maybe money permitting a ruger Vaquero set. in time all good things. If I can hold myself back. :twisted:
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
rfroy

Post by rfroy »

Ive shot sass a couple of tomes and it is a blast. I was on tract to get guns and holsters then had some cash issues. I'm back on tract now and have a pare of blackhawks. 357 and. 45 colt. My next purchase will be SST 92 in. 357. Then a coach gun. If you have not shot find a shoot near you and go. Some one will let you shoot their guns.

Rfroy stands for "Red Feather Roy" and I hope to be shooting this summer!

Jerry

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

kliff wrote:Are there NO Cowboy Action Shooters, or Single Action Shooting Society Members on board? NONE? I sent my membership into the SASS this weekend, just haven't heard back yet. Surely someone is out there...
Me, the dog & the gun are company.............any other critter around that doesn't have hooves &/or antlers makes for a crowd.

Was never into competitive shooting & big crowds of people except for the odd friendly match at the local range with a few other diehards.

I don't mind attending the odd sportsman's show or the NRA Convention but at those I'm essentially alone in the crowd.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

I've never done CAS/SASS. I've shot most competitions I can think of except for Cowboy, Bullseye pistol and skeet.
I like lever actions. The SA revolvers I have might not be the best for it, but would work. I don't own a double or a 97 shotgun.

I just can't get interested in that dressing up thing. I don't really want to dress up and don't really want to spend any money on it either. I'd rather put it into guns or ammo, or not at all.

I am interested in exploring the guns' capabilities. A big part of why I shoot 3- gun is to shoot older rifles to see how they handle. I can read about that, and shoot them on the range or in the woods, but working through a course someone else designed and doing it against the clock tells me more. That's what I'd want to get out of a Cowboy match- to see how they compare after using more modern guns in similar competition.
The fault in that little plan is that to get a true feel for it, I'd want to use ammo like what would have been used. Even if I used smokeless, I'd want full power. I mentioned it once or twice to guys I know who shoot both IDPA and Cowboy, and they didn't think it was such a hot idea, even if I stayed below SASS max velocities. They basically said that since "everybody" shoots really lite ammo, they use a lot of marginal steel targets at local matches that a regular 45 Colt or .44-40 load might beat up and make me the guy everybody thinks is a jerk.
But never having been, I don't know- the reality could be quite different.
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by kliff »

Got my confirmation, badge, #, decals....the whole works! Done been to one match as a spectator...took some pics, built a cart, Dad & I, took more pics, and started an SASS Album on PB... http://s30.photobucket.com/albums/c345/ ... uggy/SASS/

If you're even thinking about joining, DO IT! Get out to a match, some of the freindliest folks around, you just might find yourself shooting with borrowed hardware! Next month, I'll make my official debut, what about y'all?

Cherokee kliff
SASS 94630
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
'71 Winchester NRA Centennial 30/30
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Ruger Black Hawk 45LC (x2)
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

I shot some CAS years ago, but got out when the costume nazis took over the local group where I was living then. 44-40 Willy was my CAS alias. Had a lot of fun until the whole costume accuracy thing went down.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR
Ray384
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Ray384 »

Been doing it since`95, still having fun. Never won, never will, but still show up to give the youngsters a bad time. I also do some Wild Bunch shooting. I use my Rossi 92`s in both. The Rossi`s are not the fastest guns, but they are light and handy
Capt. Augustus