38-55 CB Conversion is ready

Take total control of your projectiles by casting your own!
Steelbanger
Founding Member
Founding Member

38-55 CB Conversion is ready

Post by Steelbanger »

38-55 Conv. & 235 RD @ 100M.JPG
Hello Michael,

Yesterday Mike & I finally got some range time together. We got our 50 cal muzzleloaders checked & sighted and also verified settings on two rifles, Mikes 7 mm Rem and my 38-55 336CB Conversion which was originally a 336A 30-30. The attached picture is a 100 M 5 shot group, the uppermost hole on the right side has two shots through it.

Saturday our early muzzleloader antlerless season begins and it lasts a week. Mike has some time coming so we'll get to hunt together 4 or 5 days out of the 7. The final three days of this season senior and junior hunters are allowed to use conventional rifles and that is the reason for getting the 38-55 ready. Load being used is 32 gr. of IMR 3031 and your 235 gr. bullet. I have been itching to kill a deer with it but so far only managed a coyote. Maybe this year will be different.

These scoped leverguns really bring out the accuracy potential of a finely designed bullet. Is it too late for you to throw in your hat to join the race for president?

Frank
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Steelbanger, NRA Life
Annual Member PRPA
Marlin - a hard habit to break.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 38-55 CB Conversion is ready

Post by Ranch Dog »

Steelbanger wrote:Is it too late for you to throw in your hat to join the race for president?
That is funny Frank, a lot of people would hate me running things. A lot of people need to shape up and get things right!

The shooting looks real good Frank, I have been using it in my Rossi RG3030 coversion with the same type of results. I am sizing it all the way down to .377 for the JES bore/groove. I did draw a TLC377-250-RF based on this design and specific to the JES cut, just waiting on it to come in from Lee.

Good luck hunting and tell Michael I said hello!
Michael