R92 357 Mag vs. Lee C358-200-RF

Take total control of your projectiles by casting your own!
klr
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: R92 357 Mag vs. Lee C358-200-RF

Post by klr »

Maximumbob54 wrote:Y'all are going to have to excuse me but I'm off to go buy a fist full of lotto tickets...
...and get some new brass while you're out. ;)

Congrats!
Maximumbob54
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Maximumbob54 »

Ranch Dog wrote:Now time to clean it up and try it again!
I'm going to pull the milsurp brass and get some more loaded up. I only loaded ten the first time and I would like enough to check with the chrono and some left still for accuracy testing. I'm thinking three groups of three for each of them. And this time I'll try some other ammo to make sure I'm using the chrono right. It bugs me that it didn't record that one shot.
NavyDoc76-80 wrote:So what was the trick that got it out?
I gave the chamber a drop of WD-40 last night and let it set. Then this morning I pushed a .40SW bronze brush down the bore and pushed it super slow this time. I could feel it grab and start to go through it then it just fell free and you saw the result.
GasGuzzler wrote:He got it out already. RD was asking him to retry the load/chrono.....I think.
That's how I took it. I have to go to the court house tomorrow or I would head back out. Gotta pay the tax man some more money. My own fault for waiting until the last minute.
GasGuzzler wrote:FWIW looks this bullet design comes in 2-cavity (90449) and 6-cavity (90016) if I see it correctly. Correct me if I'm wrong.
Correct, and I bought the six cavity. I seem to have mostly bad luck with the new two cavity design. They heat up way too fast for me and yet they cool down just as fast. I cast a mix of not quite perfectly filled bullets with them or cast a lot of frosty bullets. I just did a small bit and got too frustrated to continue.

My bad casting with a new two cav mold:

And yet as soon as my six cavity workhorse mold came to temp:

I'm sure it's just something with my technique but I can't seem to juggle the temp swing just right to cast with the new two cavity. I never had this problem with they were the old cube blocks.

Anyways, before I derail this any further...
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Sounds like it might have been aided by temp changes as well as the lubricant.