Lee Slug Hunter ~ Part 2 ~ Learning Curve!

Take total control of your projectiles by casting your own!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Lee Slug Hunter ~ Part 2 ~ Learning Curve!

Post by pricedo »

The slug project is certainly keeping you busy.
A great project to keep the winter doldrums at bay but I forgot you don't have winter in Texas.
Those chewed up plastic wads would make great Christmas tree decorations.
Slugs have great shocking power and shotguns loaded with slugs are carried by a lot of bear guides.
I dropped a nice bull moose with a Rottweil Brenneke 12 gauge slug back in the early 90s while out ruffed grouse hunting in a maple grove in a high dry area where I never expected to see a moose in a thousand years but there it was (probably on an amorous adventure). It was a single shot Cooey shotgun but one shot was all it took.
Keep slugging it out and you'll work the bugs out of your slug loading process.....makes for interesting reading in the mean time.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

pricedo wrote:The slug project is certainly keeping you busy.
A great project to keep the winter doldrums at bay but I forgot you don't have winter in Texas.
:shock: Temperature dropped 55° from sundown through sunrise! It was 79° when and sundown and 24° at sunrise... just crazy!
pricedo wrote:Those chewed up plastic wads would make great Christmas tree decorations.
Great idea, a string of "wad" holly! Wife, I suspect will veto that but there is always a need in the reloading room for holiday cheer! I will see what she thinks when a run a box of the spent wads through the washing machine to clean them up!
Michael
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Ranch Dog wrote:
pricedo wrote:The slug project is certainly keeping you busy.
:shock: Temperature dropped 55° from sundown through sunrise! It was 79° when and sundown and 24° at sunrise... just crazy!
pricedo wrote:Those chewed up plastic wads would make great Christmas tree decorations.
Great idea, a string of "wad" holly! Wife, I suspect will veto that but there is always a need in the reloading room for holiday cheer! I will see what she thinks when a run a box of the spent wads through the washing machine to clean them up!
You have a pen and phone don't you? Who needs congress (Wife) anyway..... tell her this is a Kingdom not a Queendom...... :lol: If that doesn't work we never had this conservation.... ;)
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Mine is a little too handy with the dough rolling pin on the kitchen counter to start that conversation. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA