Improved Minie bullet

Take total control of your projectiles by casting your own!
vtoran

Improved Minie bullet

Post by vtoran »

Has anyone tried to shoot Lee Improved Minie bullet from Rossi 92?
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Improved Minie bullet

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

I can't help you there..... Someone here should have that info for you.

But I was wondering if you came up with a load using the Russian powder yet?
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

vtoran

Post by vtoran »

Not yet. Still waiting for cases ordered in Finland. It's almost impossible to buy some things in Russia.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I had looked at this mold before and read about issues of it casting oversized minis. I am not sure how well this will be in your case for bore diameter. As variations I've read in reviews vary alot may be the caster not the product. keep us posted. I am wanting to get into cast just hesitant to add more to a hobby I have lttle time for.
Also I'm gonna move this to the bullet casting section forum as it will be better addressed there. It will be shadowed here in 92 section for 72 hours and be able to be veiwed and accessed in either section for this time.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

vtoran wrote:Not yet. Still waiting for cases ordered in Finland. It's almost impossible to buy some things in Russia.
That's stinks..... Please keep us posted when you get everything and send some lead down range.
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

Mike Weber

Post by Mike Weber »

In my view you would be much better served by a different Lee mold for your .45 cal 92. My experience with Lee Molds for Minnie bullets has not been positive. I also shoot Civil War .58 Caliber Muskets and in my experience the Lee molds for Minnie bullets are not very high quality. I had one of their molds for .58 caliber Minnies fall apart after casting only about 50 bullets with it. I replaced it with a Lyman mold and never looked back. I'm not saying all Lee molds are bad I own a couple other Lee molds that have worked great for my Rossi 92. One of those molds casts a 300 gr gas checked bullet that makes an excellent hunting bullet. Another Lee Mold that I own is from their custom shop and it is a six cavity mold for a 250 gr bullet known as the PRS bullet. This particular bullet features one huge lube groove and is the best bullet I've used for black powder handloads in .45 Colt

Are you gonna pull those pistols or whistle Dixee?

http://www.shootersfreehold.com/Forums
A board for those “regular folks” who have a serious interest in firearms and the shooting sports, Preparedness, Camping, Fishing and other outdoor activities.