Fingers crossed for a range trip

Take total control of your projectiles by casting your own!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

A Silent Secure Sesame Street Simple Sling

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:I had ordered a saddle ring for the rifle but it hasn't come in so with no way to sling the rifle, it must stay home. I also do not what to rush the saddle ringing of this carbine, need to take it slow. May be next year.
Duuuuuh....me confewsed. Image

I use the inexpensive Quake "Claw" rifle sling with the conventional drill-in eye post swivel hardware on the butt stock end and the large, soft but secure nylon choker loop on the muzzle end which is metal and noise free & never falls off the gun.

No metal C-clamps to crush the mag tube & create feeding problems, or interfere with barrel harmonics if attached to the barrel and the large nylon choker loops work great on my takedown model rifles where the mag tube/barrel assembly must be free of permanent attachments in order to rotate in relation to the receiver. No noisy saddle loop to rattle and scare game or catch on brush. No hard to get & expensive parts to order & wait for. No welding or drilling to install a saddle ring which is needless extra weight on the gun.

All that is involved is drilling 1 small pilot hole in the butt stock wood.

A trip to WalMart or Cabelas, $25 and 5 minutes work could have this slilent, very simple, non-interfering & non-intrusive sling on the gun.

What could possibly be wrong with this very simple sling??........I know ! ..... not complicated enough. :D :mrgreen:

For some it seems a complicated process is more important than the end result.......I'm an engineer who has always believed that cheap, Seasame Street Simple, effective, user friendly & easily repeatable solutions using "dumbed-down", readily available infrastructure were the best solutions.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Tuco Ramirez
500 Shots
500 Shots

Re: Fingers crossed for a range trip

Post by Tuco Ramirez »

Ranch Dog wrote: Haah, the 454 Casull isn't going. I had ordered a saddle ring for the rifle but it hasn't come in so with no way to sling the rifle, it must stay home. I also do not what to rush the saddle ringing of this carbine, need to take it slow. May be next year.
You mean you don't someone walking beside you carrying your rifle? How uncivilized...... :lol:
When you have to Shoot; shoot, don't talk.......
"I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

donhuff
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by donhuff »

I'm an engineer who has always believed that cheap, Seasame Street Simple, effective, user friendly & easily repeatable solutions using "dumbed-down", readily available infrastructure were the best solutions.

Well, your one of the VERY few engineers that think that way. Most of the one's that I have had dealings with, want to over complicate opening a jar of peanut butter. Yeah, they can draw real pretty diagram (picture), but no real work can seem to make it from their brains, to their hands.
Don Huff

to bad those that know it all, cant do it all!
16" SS 92 357
20" BL 92 357
20" SS 92 44
20" BL 92 44
20" Bl 92 45C
20" Bl 92 454
SS Rio Grande 30-30
Bl Rio Grande 45-70
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Well don I'm glad I'm not one of THOSE engineers. :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Nope, gon'na saddle ring it like my other R92s both it and the 480 Ruger.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

I'm certain that considering the ft-lbs & accuracy you're squeezing out of your 45 LC ammo the absence of the 454 on the hunt won't mean a single breath more life to the unfortunate Nilgai that shows up in the cross hairs of your scout scope.
The play-by-play of your successful Nilgai hunt will make for an interesting thread on RR in the near future.
Good luck. +corn +corn +corn
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA