Ranch Dog TLC311-165-RF at Lee

Take total control of your projectiles by casting your own!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Ranch Dog TLC311-165-RF at Lee

Post by Ranch Dog »

I just noticed that Lee Precision as five of my original TLC311-165-RF bullet molds for sale. I have just completed a special order group buy for a revised TLC311-165-RF bullet and Lee must have started by cutting the original bullet by mistake; hence, they have ended up in the overruns. I'm not real sure how many of these molds are out there but it is a bunch as it was my best selling mold. My revised bullet changed the nose to a bore rider with a slightly different ogive. Nothing wrong with this first bullet. See http://www.ranchdogoutdoors.com for load data. Since closing up shop, I have seen these molds sell for over $90! My group buy for the revised bullet was filled in only a couple of days.
Michael
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Ranch Dog TLC311-165-RF at Lee

Post by Rooster59 »

Those will be gone quickly when word gets out. I saw a used one fetch $91 on ebay. That is $1 less than new from NOE.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
olereb

Post by olereb »

Maybe its just me but is that a Gas Check design?.
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

It is supposed to be.
"I come from a state that raises corn and cotton and cockleburs and Democrats, and frothy eloquence neither convinces nor satisfies me. I am from Missouri. You have got to show me." Willard Duncan Vandiver
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

olereb wrote:Maybe its just me but is that a Gas Check design?.
Yes, it is. You can see the gas check shank rather than a plain base, the CAD image just doesn't show the check. The "C" in the prefix declares it "checked" as well.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

olereb wrote:Maybe its just me but is that a Gas Check design?.
Yes, it is. You can see the gas check shank rather than a plain base, the CAD image just doesn't show the check. The "C" in the prefix declares it "checked" as well.
Michael
olereb

Post by olereb »

Thanks for the confirmation guys,it looked like it was checked but I forgot the "C" in the description meant that,has been a bit since I bought a Lee mold.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It is a great bullet, my dad just nailed a whitetail buck with it. He is going to continue to shoot this, the original bullet, in his Glenfield 30GT rather than move to the new and improved version. Can't argue with success!

Michael
Rooster59
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Rooster59 »

Looking forward to trying the new style for my 336 and my wife's. Converting her 35 Rem Marlin to 30-30 so I can streamline with both of us using the same hunting round.