Ranch dog 32 special

Take total control of your projectiles by casting your own!
simo99

Ranch dog 32 special

Post by simo99 »

Hi there. I've recently picked up a model 94 in 32 special. Ranch Dog do you have any left over 32 special tumble lube gas checked molds in stock? Or where can I get hold of one? I have a great 6 hole 311 Ranch dog and I love it. Would much prefer the TL mold if I could get one. Thanks..
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranch dog 32 special

Post by Ranch Dog »

simo99 wrote:Hi there. I've recently picked up a model 94 in 32 special. Ranch Dog do you have any left over 32 special tumble lube gas checked molds in stock? Or where can I get hold of one? I have a great 6 hole 311 Ranch dog and I love it. Would much prefer the TL mold if I could get one. Thanks..
Unfortunately, I do not have any mold left expect 7 TL367-100-RFs for the 9X18 Makarov.

Lee is still interested in cutting my designs once their distributor orders on their existing molds drop to a level that the new designs can be introduced. Night Owl Enterprises will soon start offering standard lube groove versions of my bullets. I spoke with Al a few minutes ago and he is getting ready to start the task of changing the bullet bodies from the Micro Bands to standard grooves. That will take a bit but I have made every one of my designs available to him. Night Owl might be the place to voice your immediate need.

My preference is for the Micro Bands but I prefer to dip my bullets rather than tumble lube them. Less mess that way and I do not contaminate the bullet nose with alox. Two of my molds are standard lube groove types; the C311-170-RF and C380-250-RF. I bought a complete Lyman 4500 with a heater and auto lube feed just for these two designs but have ended up dipping them as well so don't see any issue or need for using a traditional lubesizer with anything that NOE produces.
Michael
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

simo99 wrote:Hi there. I've recently picked up a model 94 in 32 special. Ranch Dog do you have any left over 32 special tumble lube gas checked molds in stock? Or where can I get hold of one? I have a great 6 hole 311 Ranch dog and I love it. Would much prefer the TL mold if I could get one. Thanks..
Congrats on your new gun!
Passed up a really nice Winchester pre-64 94 in 32 special the other day cause I already own 2 x pre-64 94s in 30-30 and a post-64 Commemorative in 30-30 and a 30-30 RG that will do the same job and 30-30 ammo and reloading components are much more plentiful with much more selection available.
I kinda pick a favorite caliber in each of the categories and stick with it.
For instance I own 2 x 300 Win Mags, 4 x 30-30s, 7 x 45-70s, 2 x 450 Marlins, 8 x 308s and several 44s in rifle and handgun and on and on ...
The 32 WSP is a fine old caliber but the ammo and reloading components are nowhere near as plentiful and varied as 30-30 ammo.
But if you're going to reload cast lead bullets that won't be a problem for you.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
jtaylor1960

Post by jtaylor1960 »

I have shot the RD bullet in my 64 Winchester and an old Marlin.It shoots as well or better than jacketed ones.Like mentioned above NOE is picking up the RD designs.I have also seen that Accurate Molds makes a version of it.