LEE 457-405-F

Take total control of your projectiles by casting your own!
kliff
Founding Member
Founding Member

LEE 457-405-F

Post by kliff »

Seems to be working fine in my Rio Grande so far. water quenched wheel weights so far keeping a 3" spread( I NEVER was known to be a rifle marksman) in, arounf, and on the Bullseye @ 25 yards with the old sights... the NEW Williams tightenned that up to 3" at 50 yards....pretty good for this old fart standing, and unsupported! Cant'd wait to get some sand bag shots! But back on topic....for the money, the LEE mold and my 45-70 seem to work together just fine. Give one a try, I bought a double for less than 20 bux on fleabay, and she works just fine. :D
kliff
AR15, 5.56mm home made
'71 Winchester NRA Centennial 30/30
336 Marlin 30/30
Henry Big Boy 45LC
Rossi M92SS 45LC
Rossi Ranch Hand 45LC
Rossi Rio Grande 45-70
Ruger Black Hawk 45LC (x2)
Taurus Judge 45LC/.410
Taurus Tracker 357
Colt Gov't Mod
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: LEE 457-405-F

Post by pricedo »

kliff wrote:Seems to be working fine in my Rio Grande so far. water quenched wheel weights so far keeping a 3" spread( I NEVER was known to be a rifle marksman) in, arounf, and on the Bullseye @ 25 yards with the old sights... the NEW Williams tightenned that up to 3" at 50 yards....pretty good for this old fart standing, and unsupported! Cant'd wait to get some sand bag shots! But back on topic....for the money, the LEE mold and my 45-70 seem to work together just fine. Give one a try, I bought a double for less than 20 bux on fleabay, and she works just fine. :D
Off hand shooting kinda rolls shooting ability and rifle accuracy into one.
Difficult at times to tell what inherent rifle/cartridge accuracy & what shooter skill components are being measured in the final composite grouping score.
A sandbag or bench rest based range test helps minimize the human error factors if what you really need is to measure & compare relative rifle/cartridge load accuracy.
A machine rest (if you can afford a good one) theoretically eliminates the human element all together.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
janoosh

Re: LEE 457-405-F

Post by janoosh »

I use this in my Navy Arms Rolling Block with Black powder. It's a great boolit. I'm loading 65 grns 2F, over powder wad, grease cookie and boolit and its works well off the bench at 100yds. I'm llooking to try it next in my H+R trapdoor and Trail Boss.