Alloy for 480 Ruger

Take total control of your projectiles by casting your own!
357cyrus

Re: Alloy for 480 Ruger

Post by 357cyrus »

Yes, he is still taking orders, so mine hit the post office this monrning. He says he's about 2 weeks backlogged though. Must have just gotten back. I'm gonna place an order for tin ingots and #8 shot with Rotometals tonight hopefully. Stopped at an antique store today to look for pewter to smelt for the tin content. Found some but wasn't about to fork over what they wanted for some ugly old dinner ware. LOL Makes me wanna keep a little digital scale in my truck. Might come in handy to weigh stuff like that to figure out prices. Wow, I think I have a problem!
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
357cyrus

Post by 357cyrus »

In the mean time... It appears I've found a decent supply of pewter, which of course is kind of a variable alloy. But usually at least 90% tin. Just wondering if you think it would be unwise to substitute pewter for tin in your mix recommended above?
*** Peace Through Superior Firepower ***
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

357cyrus wrote:In the mean time... It appears I've found a decent supply of pewter, which of course is kind of a variable alloy. But usually at least 90% tin. Just wondering if you think it would be unwise to substitute pewter for tin in your mix recommended above?
Honestly, I don't know.
Michael