Loads for 45 colt & Lehigh projectiles.

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Oz judge

Loads for 45 colt & Lehigh projectiles.

Post by Oz judge »

Got a very good deal on Lehigh projectiles, so I bought the whole lot of the 45 ones. I have 452 135gr extreme defence, 451 45 acp 170gr controlled fracturing, & 45 acp 120gr extreme defence. I have a r92 454 & a 45 / 410 circuit judge to use them in.
I’m thinking of using them in the circuit judge ( as it needs all the help it can get } Lehigh lists 1 load for the 45 colt using the 135gr xd for standard pressure. But none for the acp bullets in the colt. I have been using a Aussie powder AP70N ( equivalent to universal / unique, sr 7625 ) & win large pistol primers ( for standard or magnum loads ) I have been running max loads to make up for the oversized chamber & non sealing issues. Now the issue it see is these are much lighter projectiles than normal! So would it be a good idea to anneal the 45 cases & hopefully get them to seal ? At this stage i’m Still getting unburned powder but better than before.
Initially I’m thinking using max loads for the closest next heaviest bullet for starters.
Should I be going to a faster burning power & annealing to try & seal the chamber & peak pressures faster & burn the powder more efficiently? I have trail boss but I doubt I’ll get the power i’m After for hunting pigs.
Any help much appreciated thanks.