Magnetospeed and Leverguns?

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Magnetospeed and Leverguns?

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Have any of you used a Magnetospeed on your Rossi and how well did it work?

Thanks,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
GasGuzzler

Re: Magnetospeed and Leverguns?

Post by GasGuzzler »

I googled what's in the title. Couldn't find it. I realized it's spelled differently in the body so.....my answer is no.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I always felt that the Magnetospeed limited your options as to which firearms that it could be used with but it would be the simplest to use on a public range if it did fit your firearm. Still, I typically am doing load work with my chronograph work and I wouldn't want anything on the barrel.

I have the Labradar but I still think that dollar for dollar the Caldwell Ballistic Precision Chronograph Premium Kit is the best deal going. I have always used my with the LED bar and it has never failed to capture a shot. Fortunately, I did not get rid of mine when I bought the Labradar. The latter has a very steep learning curve and I've had a lot of missed shots. I keep the Caldwell at the range now and if the Labradar gives me any hassles, I used the Caldwell.

Any traditional chronograph has got to be a pain on a public range but so would the Labradar. I've heard other shooters won't leave you alone.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:I googled what's in the title. Couldn't find it. I realized it's spelled differently in the body so.....my answer is no.
Fixed
Michael
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

Since I shoot mostly long barrel revolvers and bolt action rifles I picked up a Magnetospeed v3. It works well at the range where it would be very hard to set up a traditional chronograph. I made a cheat sheet so I know what adapters to use on what guns and I did give it a try on my Rossi 92 44 mag.

It worked just fine. I don't have other chronographs to compare it to but I got what I would consider good results. For instance....

A Sierra Tournament Master 250 gr JFP with 23.0 gr H110 and a Federal GM155M. 5 Shots averaged 1685 FPS with a 35 FPS ES. This is a very accurate load.
Last edited by m-saunoras on 24 Sep 2017 14:31, edited 1 time in total.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

m-saunoras wrote:Since I shoot mostly long barrel revolvers and bolt action rifles I picked up a Magnetospeed v3. I works well at the range where it would be very hard to set up a traditional chronograph. I made a cheat sheet so I know what adapters to use on what guns and I did give it a try on my Rossi 92 44 mag.

It worked just fine. I don't have other chronographs to compare it to but I got what I would consider good results. For instance....

A Sierra Tournament Master 250 gr JFP with 23.0 gr H110 and a Federal GM155M. 5 Shots averaged 1685 FPS with a 35 FPS ES. This is a very accurate load.
There you go! Thanks for the reply.

A lot of semi-autos now have a rail molded into the slide, do they have an adapter to fit something like that?
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

m-saunoras wrote:Since I shoot mostly long barrel revolvers and bolt action rifles I picked up a Magnetospeed v3. I works well at the range where it would be very hard to set up a traditional chronograph. I made a cheat sheet so I know what adapters to use on what guns and I did give it a try on my Rossi 92 44 mag.

Thanks, good to know I was afraid the magazine tube would interfere with the fit. I do have the problem with shooting on public ranges.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
m-saunoras

Post by m-saunoras »

Ranch Dog wrote:
A lot of semi-autos now have a rail molded into the slide, do they have an adapter to fit something like that?
Somewhere recently I saw a new adapter to attach the magnetospeed v3 to a frame mounted picatinny rail on a semi auto pistol. I don't have any experience with how it works though.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Michael