Got myself started with the basics - finally!

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
alphalimafoxtrot

Got myself started with the basics - finally!

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Hey guys,

I wrote about my recent adventures in "beginner reloading" on Michael's companion Lee Loader site, just wanted to mention it here too. I'm going to be kind of techno - and try my hand at linking you there: be prepared for warp-speed! Adam Lee's Bench (right!)

I just previewed my text, saw a rant on my "rant-checker" tool, and promise it is brief!! :mrgreen:

Not to completely repeat myself, but I'm mainly real pleased to have found a brick-and-mortar LGS nearby that actually carries primer/powder/bullets so I can buy stuff "in person"! I also find it very rewarding to be able to support a local shop economically rather than just depending on everything coming online via the Big Brown Truck. Plus their prices are the same or better than the online vendors I would've been using.

That's something often hard to do - we can really save money & get everything and anything we want via the interwebs, but over time that does make it a tough business proposition to keep our LGS in business.

Of course, the LGS gets their stuff via the web too - it's all connected - but having an open-for-business gun store in any community is sort of an important thing to me. I'm not on a political rant, but just like everything else once businesses get demonized by disinformation campaigns they just disappear and don't come back.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by alphalimafoxtrot on 24 Aug 2017 04:55, edited 1 time in total.
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
runfiverun
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Got myself started with the basics - finally!

Post by runfiverun »

well I couldn't see any of the pictures.
but if those bullets are 358 you should be in good shape with the rest of the stuff you got to go with them.

as far as the rifles go it's gonna depend on exactly what caliber they are.
but I wouldn't bet money that 4895 wouldn't work in any of them.