Purchasing Powder, particularly with Paypal

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Iplayfarmer

Re: Purchasing Powder, particularly with Paypal

Post by Iplayfarmer »

GasGuzzler wrote:PayPal'a policy prohibits firearm related purchases hence none of the regular online resources accept it...
Interesting. I actually regularly sell firearm related stuff on Ebay all the time and I am paid exclusively with PayPal. I've parted out a few guns, and sold magazines and grips.

I assume PayPal's anti-firearms policy is very narrowly focused. Where's the line between fully functional firearm and stag grips for revolver?
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

eBay is your buffer there. eBay is very anti-gun too but they do allow most small parts to be sold because they like their commissions. It depends on who reviews your ad......and believe me, ALL ads for gun parts get reviewed manually. The reviewers don't know enough about what they're looking at to accurately determine if the listing follows eBay policy. I've had eBay remove Blackhawk grip frames before because of their poorly worded policy that reads as if a gun hating liberal with no firearm knowledge wrote it.

Long story short....if it sold on eBay, PayPal ASSumes it's a "safe sale" that doesn't break their policy.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

Ive sold many things on GB with paypal so far and havent had an issue yet. Im just waiting for the other shoe to drop sometimes when i go to make a sale or purchase though. In any case i guess the original ppoint of this thread is mostly moot now since ive just moved to AZ and have a Sportsmen Warehouse which stocks many, many types of powder so no need to order offline :D
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

The main lesson with PP is to not leave funds in your account if you tiptoe their line. Also expect a 1099 if you sell enough online. I've never received a 1099 but it happens.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.