(sigh...) More load help requested...

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: (sigh...) More load help requested...

Post by Archer »

No dice from Sierra, Hornady 49th or Lyman with those powders BTW.

IF the load I quoted above isn't a typo I'd pull it.
I'd probably pull them all given that you are only talking 10 rounds each and then I'd transition to more cited powders.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Archer wrote:Unlike GasGuzzler I LIKE Unique for .45 ACP and it can be useful for .44 SP level loads out of the .44 Magnum. I DON'T try to use it to pump out heavy loads. I don't mind a little carbon and it meters acceptably out of several measures I've used over the years. I'm not exactly wild about running it through the Dillon. For .357 or .44 magnum loads I prefer H110/296 or 2400.
Imma try Unique for .45ACP using the PAD meter on the turret. The Uni-Flow doesn't like it.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

I use Unique for a lot of different loads/calibers. I find it meters just as well as any other powders in my Lee dippers and RCBS electronic scale :)

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
jamesgpobog

Post by jamesgpobog »

BTW, the bullet puller is ordered.
Si vis pacem, para bellum.
nvbirdman

Post by nvbirdman »

If you do it on a percentage basis, on the first load, going from 7.0 to 9.2 is a 31% increase.
Too much for me.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

GasGuzzler wrote:
Archer wrote:Unlike GasGuzzler I LIKE Unique for .45 ACP and it can be useful for .44 SP level loads out of the .44 Magnum. I DON'T try to use it to pump out heavy loads. I don't mind a little carbon and it meters acceptably out of several measures I've used over the years. I'm not exactly wild about running it through the Dillon. For .357 or .44 magnum loads I prefer H110/296 or 2400.
Imma try Unique for .45ACP using the PAD meter on the turret. The Uni-Flow doesn't like it.
I've not tried a Uniflow, I have run it out of an older Lyman 55, a 1990 era Hornady and a 1997 era Redding 3BR with the pistol chamber with good results. I did try a new 1990 era Lyman 55 that didn't settle down as much as the others and I haven't tried it in the Dillon slide style measure. I suspect if I decide to run the progressive with it I'll probably mount the Redding or a Hornady measure on the press.