New version of the Caldwell chronograph

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

New version of the Caldwell chronograph

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I was just at Cabelas and decided to see what the Caldwell is going for these days. Loked at the shelf sticker under the complete kit and saw 199, what the heck I said to self what's going on they were around 160 at Christmas time so I started reading the box to see what might account for the price increase. Seems they have solved the cable problem - now connects to your phone etc via Blue Tooth. In the pictures it looks like the sun screen holders are sturdier and there may be other improvements as well. I didn't read all the fine print as it's not in the budget right now.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
GasGuzzler

Re: New version of the Caldwell chronograph

Post by GasGuzzler »

I got one last year for $99. Tested it inside with NERF darts. Worked fine. Tried it with a .222Rem outside and it didn't work. Got a new one after a short email convo with MidwayUSA without having to send back the old one. Never tried it.

I thought it had Bluetooth but I bet it's a phono type cable. I have the app. App seems to work fine. Guess I should try it out.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

The one review I read was posted in mid July so it's been around at least since then. The cable I know about is a usb standard connector on one end and a minnie or micro on the other or maybe a 3.5 mm stereo plug.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I still have mine. I bought the complete kit so that I would have the LED lighted screens in that I have electricity at my range. Using the LED screens you won't miss recording any shots. I used it a little to verify the performance of the Labradar but not since. The move to blue tooth would have been huge for me but I would still had to run the power to the light screens.
Michael
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I always thought the easiest way you could setup a screen type chronograph would be to have a 15' dowel or brass rod of appropriate bore size that you could stick down the barrel. I tried a laser bore sighter but they are just so poor out in bright daylight.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Mine has a battery pack for the LEDs.

THIS IS WHAT I BOUGHT FOR $99

Comes with the battery pack AND plug-in for the light kit.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Same here.
Michael