SS Pin tumbling

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: SS Pin tumbling

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Picked up a bottle of the Armouall Wash and Wax (lovely shade of orange). So far I've run three loads. About 200 223 cases, ran these for about 3 1/2 hours cases are clean, not shiny, primer pockets clean. Ran 50 45 Colt cases and 20 or so 45 ACP for about 4 hours, clean all the way around but not shiny. Third load is still running, it's about 40 35 Rem cases. I plan to let it go about 6 hours and see what they look like. I'm not as concerned about shiny as I am clean and that I'm getting and air drying I'm not seeing a lot of water spots. More later.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

UPDATE

Extending the tumble time did nothing to improve the shine. So in my Model B somewhere between 2 and 4 hours gets cases clean and unless you want shiny the Armoral Wash and Wax does a good job and so far up to a week later the cases don't show any sign of tarnishing even the one I force dried.

Tried adding a bit of Lemishine to the AWW mix with a batch of 357 cases. The brass cases came out shiny. So it would seem that if you're using the AWW and want shiny adding Lemishine may be the answer.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
rondog
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by rondog »

Yes, the Lemishine is important. The citric acid in it is what eats the tarnish off.