44 mag:

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Ole Timer

44 mag:

Post by Ole Timer »

Went to the range to try H-110 with 240 gr. j.s.p. f.n. fired 5 shots at a 100 yds. with open sights got a 2.5 group off of sand bags. The best part of the shooting was able to see front and rear sight clear. +guns . I have not been able too do that for many many yrs. I put masking tape with a hole in it and that ole front and rear sight were clear as a bell. The 100 was clear enought so I could see the 3 inch orange dot will try this again soon. going too make holes bigger and smaller on masking tape too see which one is most clear at a 100 yds. Just like a kid with a new toy LOL. I know you can buy some that fit on your glasses anyone use this type of items on their glasses???? The rossi 24 inch barrel shot like a champ. Thanks for replys to this. Also ordered some 300 gr. lead bullets and some keith style 250gr. lead bullets from magnus bullet co. Its loading time again. :lol:
GasGuzzler

Re: 44 mag:

Post by GasGuzzler »

Nice!
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

That is one way to skin a cat. I know guys use the black electrical tape but I've always wondered how you get it in the right place every time without wasting a lot of time in the fitting?
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

I used one of the Merit suction cup apertures back when i was shoot IHMSA steel animals. Most days it was the only sure way to hit an occasion target :) .

I need to dig it out and see if it still works and try it with the surgically improved eyes.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Moon Tree
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Moon Tree »

I love the Merit Aperture suction cup device that attach to eye glasses. They are great for target shooting. But they do have their limitations for hunting applications. First the suction cup on the lens of your glasses obscures you vision. I solved that problem by cutting out a piece from a tupperwear container and epoxying it to a cheap pair of readers.

Second, issue, coming from a warm deer hunting cabin to 20 degree air, the suction cup will let go half the time. The first time out mine fell from the tree stand. I did find it. Solution: tie a short piece of threat to the optic and the glasses. If it pops off due to change in tempts, air pressure at least you can re-attach it and not be looking at the ground wondering if you can find your $65 investment.

With all the technical problems solved, I felled to include my own stupidity. I left the glasses with the optics on my bed at the cabin when I was dressing for the hunt. By the grace of hunting gods, I did take 180 pound field dressed buck without the glasses I, also, took a 120 field dressed doe later with them later.

With all the issues, mostly my fault, I gave up and installed a Marble tang sight. I will be ordering the Merit aperture attachment for the Marble tang sight in the next couple of weeks in prep for deer season. It's great to be able to open up the aperture as light begins to fade in the evening.

I love the Merit aperture suction cup device for target shooting with my BH. When I use it the rear sights, front sights and target are all perfectly in focus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Life isn't about the toys you accumulate, but about the memories your create with those toys and friends.