Lee Auto-Drum

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
GasGuzzler

Re: Lee Auto-Drum

Post by GasGuzzler »

Cool! Please post a review.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

It has been discussed quite a bit on my Lee Loader forum: Automatic Powder Measures
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

If it's as accurate as the Lee Perfect that I use with 2F for the 45-70 and the 40-65I think you'll like it.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
kungfustyle

Post by kungfustyle »

If you have a Perfect powder measure and you liked it you will like the Auto Drum. For me it did great with Universal (flake) powder. Bound up and crushed three cases with 4759 and 4895 and leaked CFE 223 all over the place. I returned it. If you want a case actuated powder measure get the RCBS or Hornady attachment for your press. Just my $.02.
Clutch80

Post by Clutch80 »

I've used the disks, the adjustable bar and the Perfect Powder measure with varying results so I picked up one of the Auto Drum powder measures and don't think I'll ever use anything else again. I've used it to load 30-30 using Reloader 7, 357 Magnum using 700-X and Accurate #9, and 9mm using CFE Pistol and Power Pistol and it has worked great with everything. Runs smooth and the charges have stayed within +-0.1 grains (fine for my plinking and target shooting). It is case activated with the Lee dies and is very easy to set up and adjust. To change powder and/or charges all you need to do is twist off the knob on one side and put in a new drum set for the other powder and charge. The extra drums come in a set of 4 for about $17 so I have one for each recipe. On top of all that, I've had no powder leaks at all. I am one happy customer and definitely recommend it.