Swift Bullet's Leveraction Series

Extend your shooting experience while reducing the cost of your ammunition!
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Swift Bullet's Leveraction Series

Post by Barry in IN »

"444" I bet the smile appeared instantly when you saw that.
I was an A&P with United (at ORD and IND) until my back told me I couldn't do that anymore. Funny, but I now wish I had taken more pictures too. I only have a handful, and most from probably my first year there. Maybe when it's 0 degrees and you have a brake change, you don't think too much about capturing the moment on film.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Very interesting! Yeah, I will be glad to be done with it. It has been a great career but it is different now than it once was.
Michael
Barry in IN
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Barry in IN »

It sure is different. I laughed when I heard the UAL-Continental merger was finalized the other day. It was almost a crime to even speak the C-word when I started at UAL.

It used to be that there was one or two airlines everyone wanted to work for, then a couple at the bottom, and some in the middle. Now it seems like none stand out as particularly desirable places to be. The airline world is a small one as you know, and whenever I talk to someone they say nobody they know is happy no matter where they are. I guess they finally got a level playing field in that respect.

I don't know many people there anymore, since so many have retired, got furloughed and never went back, or just walked away. The first several years I was there, nobody left. If some guy on another crew on another part of the field quit UAL, it was big news. The seniority list never moved. Not anymore.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by pricedo »

Ranch Dog wrote:
Barry in IN wrote:Wait... driving a 737? Tail number? Does Ranch Dog fly a 737? I used to torque on those myself.
Yeah, don't tell my mom. I don't want her knowing how low I've stooped in my life! I flew a brand new 737 one day with a nose number of "444". I took my picture with it and used it on a couple of the forums where we discussed the 444 Marlin. I do not know what happened to that picture. Funny but I've flown Boeing jets most of my life and I've only got a couple of years left. I have very few pictures, if any, of me involved in this activity.
I on the other hand let the bullets from my guns do all the flying and prefer to spend the totality of my time with my feet firmly planted on terra firma.

Climbing into tree stands has been the extent of my aviation experience...........& I intend to keep it that way.

Back on topic: The Swift A-frame and X bullets are great in cartridges with high muzzle velocities (over 2800 fps) but your wasting your money on them for guns like the .45-70 that shoots heavy slower moving bullets.

I can't see myself springing for expensive Swift bullets or getting into the lead smelting business to get bullets for my .45-70.

Cheap factory bullets with the copper gas-checks already in place are available which will perform as good or better than anything else at the modest velocities of the .45-70.........they call them Core-Lokts and Power Points that you can buy in bulk for hand loading. At the modest velocities of the .45-70 a 405 grain Core-Lokt will do the same job as an A-frame costing several times the money.

Don't let the gun magazine hype overwhelm you with their BS..........all they are and ever have been are promotional rags for the gun & gun accessory supply companies........let common "horse sense" & experience be your guide.

I was always a practitioner of the old axiom.........Keep It Simple St... :D

And simpler is usually cheaper.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA