Factory Ammo for Rossi 92 357

Off the shelf ammo for all Rossi firearms.
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Factory Ammo for Rossi 92 357

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Looking at what ya'll are talking about I have only one short reservation that you may consider, If you miss, or even shoot a human, a .357 is likely to pass through and even a wall possibly going farther than you want. Might look at 38 Spl +P for the Home Defence. Only down side with 38 is if the intruder is wearing heavy clothing, leather what ever it may not stop the intruder, or if you have to shoot through a door.
I am basing this on my experience test 357 and 38 out of a Ruger GP 100, a wicked round.
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

Depending on any situation the bullet used is the main thing a fmjrn will over penetrate for sure its been proven 9mm fmj 115 grain rounds over penetrate more than the m4 most swat teams currently use. The 9mm keeps going as does most round nose fmj rounds. 5.56 .223 tumbles and gets caught up better in walls and such and its been proven. I know neither of these calibers are being discussed but its food for thought. But the right bullet for the right job a .357 jhp will expand even in walls and dispel majority of energy Not saying it cannot over penetrate but if you use frangible bullets or qaulty jhp in any caliber I think you can be sure its not going to get to far. As the bullets are designed to expend there energy in soft tissue and do the same in most other materials such as walls granted its always a risk. IM not saying its the best hd round really a 12gauge 00 buck is great at stopping things and very little chance of over penetration. That's my thoughts the only thing that is fact not my opinion is the 9mm and 5.56 .223 info that was tested in the 80s and 90s by swat and why most now issue m4 instead of hk mp5 smg. Though some still sport the hk most even on the swat reality show now carry ar rifles. google swat 9mm over penetration youll see many talking of these tests. just my opinion
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

2 layers of drywall doesn't even stop birdshot. Last tests I saw showed more like 4 required and that was before we started importing the cheaper Chinese drywall crap.

It won't slow down a .38 enough to matter even with a hollowpoint unless it hast to chew through a wall stud or two.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by akuser47 »

I agree maybe the testing needs done on current biuld materials as well to be updated.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!