Standard Pressure Buffalo Bore & CJ

Off the shelf ammo for all Rossi firearms.
Chiefeis

Standard Pressure Buffalo Bore & CJ

Post by Chiefeis »

I'm looking at different ammo options for my Circuit Judge and saw the standard pressure Buffalo Bore 45 LC 200 Grain Jacketed Hollow Points. 1100 fps and 537ft lbs out of a 7" -ish pistol barrel.

Is anyone familiar with these? It's SAAMI compliant, but being new to the CJ I thought I'd ask.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Standard Pressure Buffalo Bore & CJ

Post by Ranch Dog »

I always shot handloaded ammo in my CJs when I had them but it seems that "standard" ammo would be SAAMI compliant. Might ask them via a phone call to know for sure.
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Amen to what Ranch Dog said. Only factory ammo I ever shot in mine was Hornady XTP or something?
It worked nice, but hell on the pocket book.

I had to edit this as I changed my avatar
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.
f100cleveland

Post by f100cleveland »

I bought a box of the standard pressure 255gr. Keith style Buffalo Bore. They were at 1000fps. I have loaded up some pretty stout 45 colt loads for my Rossi match pair pistol and these for being 1000fps seemed to be hot. The primer was fairly flat like a good load would be. Only shot one. for the price!!! A hog hunt is in my bucket list and I was thinking of using them but now with the 454 casull I think that would be a better choice.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

f100cleveland wrote:I bought a box of the standard pressure 255gr. Keith style Buffalo Bore. They were at 1000fps. I have loaded up some pretty stout 45 colt loads for my Rossi match pair pistol and these for being 1000fps seemed to be hot. The primer was fairly flat like a good load would be. Only shot one. for the price!!! A hog hunt is in my bucket list and I was thinking of using them but now with the 454 casull I think that would be a better choice.
So... you did get the Casull. Any MN farm fresh whitetails in it's future?

Heading up to your State in the morning to visit my son, daughter in law, and grandson for a bit. I'm gon'na attend a CCW class while there as MN no longer honors the TX license. Dropped us a month ago because we started licensing 19 yearolds if they are active duty military. MN says no one under 21 and because of that, my license is no good anymore even though I'm 60 :?:
Michael
f100cleveland

Post by f100cleveland »

We have deer wandering around the place all the time but i've only hunted them one time. Got one and I never got that big of thrill out of the hunt. Now my wife likes her deer around so I would have to hunt elsewhere if I try again. Maybe with a bow or muzzle loader since that season is longer. I love my pheasant hunting. The casull is really fun but hard on the wrist loaded the way it should be.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

I had to have my lever reshaped on my Casull as I thought it was going to break my fingers.
Michael
Bibletotingunslinger
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by Bibletotingunslinger »

Chiefeis wrote:I'm looking at different ammo options for my Circuit Judge and saw the standard pressure Buffalo Bore 45 LC 200 Grain Jacketed Hollow Points. 1100 fps and 537ft lbs out of a 7" -ish pistol barrel.

Is anyone familiar with these? It's SAAMI compliant, but being new to the CJ I thought I'd ask.

I should post this as I personally owe you an apology. I did not see your original post here.

I have a load tried and tested in mine.
Xtreme 230 grn JHP, 12.0 grns of HS6 these loads pass the chronograph at 1100 fps.
They are the most accurate I have found.
I have to add, this load is 0.2 grns over max, after 15 shots on a hot day the gun gets hot.
I can hit a basket ball size target at 100 yards, a rabbit at 75 is dead.
The Circuit Judge is not as accurate as a lever or bolt gun, but every one That has shot mine is impressed. +guns
Don't ask me to do anything where where I can't take Bible and Gun, I would leave Dog home, but reluctantly.