Saw a new Chiappa 92 today, WOW!

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: Saw a new Chiappa 92 today, WOW!

Post by pricedo »

Warhawk wrote:I have been working in Arkansas this week, and in Fayetteville today. I heard about a good gun shop up here and stopped in today, Ozark Armory in Springdale. It's quite a gun shop! I finally found some lead 10 gauge shells so I can try out the 10 ga double I bought recently.

Anyway, they had all kinds of lever guns, more than I've ever seen in one place. They had a Chiappa .44, for $1200!!! Also had several Marlins, Winchesters and a bunch of Rossi 92's. They had lever guns in a cowboy section, more in the rimfire section, and still more in with the regular hunting rifles.

They have a blued 1873 clone that was priced at $649, I had to check that one out. Turned out to be one of the Chaparral guns, beautiful blue job and the wood was on par with the Chiappa I saw in Texas. But knowing the reputation of those Chaparral guns I decided to pass.

If you're ever in the area, stop by, you'll be glad you did.
A bunch of Rossi 92s.
You could probably "cut" a couple of good ones out of that "herd".
Take a cleaning rod, solvent, a bore light, a magnifying glass and check em over good.
I have several dummy loads in most levergun calibers that I use to check the actions of prospective purchases with.
If the shop has an on premises firing range I'll even ask to test fire a possible purchase.
With some "blue chip" brands like Browning. Ruger and Sako I'll presume a certain "red line" minimum of quality and workmanship & will even purchase by mail order if necessary.
If the prospective purchase product is a Rossi I presume NOTHING and will only entertain "hands on" purchases.
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
Centaur 1
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Centaur 1 »

Great looking rifle, I love the color case hardened receiver and lever. I wish all blued lever action rifles came with this as an option. If I ever hit the lotto, I'll have to get one in .357 mag with a 16" barrel.
"We have federal regulations and state laws that prohibit hunting ducks with more than three rounds. And yet it's legal to hunt humans with 15-round, 30-round, even 150-round magazines." Senator Dianne Feinstein (D-California)
44-40 Willy
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by 44-40 Willy »

The Navy Arms 1892s came with the choice of blued or case colored. Mine is blued as I bought it as a "working gun". I let my brother shoot it and him and a cousin had to go buy one of their own and they got the cased version.
Navy Arms 1892 - 357 Mag - 24" Octagon heavy barrel.
Rossi 62 Octagon 22LR