Henry X Series

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
golfish
500 Shots
500 Shots

Henry X Series

Post by golfish »

I got this from Cal guns forum. I was hoping it wasn't as bad as that tacticool Mossberg. I think its okay if they offer it in 357.

https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/sho ... ?t=1445662
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Re: Henry X Series

Post by GRV01 »

Black. Tactical. Henry.

Three strikes -- im out

Speaking of Henry though i got a little survey from them in my email asking what I thought they should make next. I selected long arm, lever, 45 colt and in the comments added 'a loading gate!'
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

They are catering to the generation that grew up sitting on a couch playing video games. Got to get them involved somehow.
Michael
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

GRV01 wrote:Black. Tactical. Henry.

Three strikes -- im out
Agree if we're talking LEVER guns.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

GRV01 wrote:Speaking of Henry though i got a little survey from them in my email asking what I thought they should make next. I selected long arm, lever, 45 colt and in the comments added 'a loading gate!'
Yeah, saw that survey. Unless you add a comment, the best you can do is suggest a new caliber for one of their existing levers (from the list of calibers provided, no less). Unless there's a huge groundswell of comments asking for a '92, my vote is a voice in the wilderness.
jdl447

Post by jdl447 »

I saw that elsewhere.
A 410 hmm?
"New concept shotgun from Henry. An all black .410 lever, with an M Lock forearm, and a sweet breech from Briley"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

I have a henry lever 22 mag.
It is full of cast parts with plastic here and there and a pot metal receiver cover.
I like their 1860 henry, but for that price and the weak action it would end up being a wall hanger.
Rossi has MIM parts also, but it is much stronger with the action design and has a good strong receiver.
I will stick with the rossi 92, a little internal polishing, spring change out, only one plastic part, the mag tube follower, little cleanup and thats it.
Can load it much hotter then the henry if need be.

I will stick with this black rifle for now.
GasGuzzler

Post by GasGuzzler »

Mad Trapper wrote:Rossi has MIM parts also........only one plastic part, the mag tube follower
What parts are MIM on a newer R92? My old one doesn't seem to have any and came from the factory with a metal follower too.
__________________________________________________________________________________________
I've always been crazy but it's kept me from going insane.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GasGuzzler wrote:
Mad Trapper wrote:Rossi has MIM parts also........only one plastic part, the mag tube follower
What parts are MIM on a newer R92? My old one doesn't seem to have any and came from the factory with a metal follower too.
It would be tough to say. I know that Taurus/Rossi does not outsource the work, they even build the MIM machines that manufacture their MIM parts. They have always been quite proud of that. I bet you would be hard-pressed to find a modern firearm that isn't using MIM parts.

For anyone that doesn't know what Metal Injection Molding, here is an easy read about the complexities involved: The truth about MIM.

Last week, I called Rossi/TaurusUSA Customer Service and bought some parts for a pistol. I was on hold about seven minutes and was done with the transaction in another eight minutes with the parts being shipped. I did not ask them any questions about Rossi parts as I don't need any and had other pressing things to do.
Michael
Mad Trapper
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by Mad Trapper »

I believe around the late 1980s everyone had just about switched over to MIM parts to cut production costs.
Ruger makes their own MIM parts also.
MIM parts are just as good as solid steel parts if done correctly.
I believe the rossi 92 is just as good as any other production rifle on the market today.
I believe a few years back I heard that kimber was having trouble with their MIM firing pins breaking.
Pretty sure it was kimber.
Im not saying every part is MIM, just parts that are not put under stress.