BB Steel 41 Mag and Long Ranger 308 Win

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

BB Steel 41 Mag and Long Ranger 308 Win

Post by Ranch Dog »

I attended a self defense seminar last night that was hosted by a gun store about an hour from me. They had a bunch of leverguns on the wall. Two caught my eye; the Henry 41 Mag, and 308 Win. The fit and finish were perfect. I've made myself a promise of no more firearms as I own more than I can shoot which is ridiculous. A year ago, that seminar would have cost me $1500 to attend because I would have come home with both. The Long Ranger is a piece of art. At least that is what I was telling myself as I wanted to bring it home real bad.

Now I know this is a Rossi forum, and we love our rifles, but the R92s were on the same display as Blue Steels. For $110 difference, there is no way an R92 would have come home with me had I been looking for one. The Rossi fit, and finish cannot compete. No way it can. I thought that the Rossi's were well-used guns as I approached the display but they were new.

I would say that the BB Steel is ½ lb heavier than the R92. Now I know that Rossi claims their 92 but if you have ever put a 20" barrelled rifle on a scale you know that is horse %@*&$. They are not within a lb of that. In that I'm only a hunter, the tube reloading would not matter to me as that is how I reload & upload my cartridges so that they don't get dinged up. Biscuit eater, those are some nice rifles!
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: BB Steel 41 Mag and Long Ranger 308 Win

Post by Missionary »

Howdy Mr. Mike
Got a 41 Henry last July and it shot most every thing I fed it just fine. Rally likes a 265 GC punched by 296. If you hunt about you can find them for $635 + shipping. Henry is the finest, buyer friendly gun producer I have dealt with in the last 5 years.
And that may yet come down some more as I read Gun sales are slowing with our new President doing right.
Mike in Peru
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

That is what the 41 Mag was, $635.
Michael
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

And now the 41 mag Henry Carbine is out !
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
dalek

Post by dalek »

Henry also has a very nice technical support, almost comparable to HiPoint's.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

We had a Lone Ranger come through the shop and it was VERY nice.
I'd probably prefer a BLR takedown but I think the Henry's going to be better priced and made in the U.S. so it may very well get the nod on my next one.
olderndirt

Post by olderndirt »

I have both the 41 Mag rifle and the Long Ranger 308, both are super smooth and accurate. So far I have not found a round the 41 will not load POI might change but groups stay tight with all I have tried. I love levers and these are both great guns.