Other Imported Brands, Good and Bad

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
muleman

Other Imported Brands, Good and Bad

Post by muleman »

Ok, We all probably are familiar with the popular American brand fire arms. I would say American made, but I think the truth is, very few are actually still entirely made in the U.S. Not that it really matters to the topic of this discussion. Several years ago I purchased a Uberti single action revolver in 44-40 I have had lot's of time to shoot it at the range. I have never used it for anything else and I have been quite happy with it. I would definitely buy another, and I actually plan to in 45 Colt. So what other "imported" if you will, guns have you purchased and are you happy with it?? Would you buy another??
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Taurus handguns

Post by Ranch Dog »

In that you asked, Taurus handguns and they are part of the reasons I became interested in the Rossi product line. I owned a PT745, the single stack 45 ACP in the Millennium Pro series and ended up buying the 32 ACP, 380 Auto, and 9mm Luger versions of that pistol as well and designed cast bullets for them. Along the the way I bought the 25PLY, 415 (41 Mag), 450 (45 Colt), 605 (38 Spl/357 Mag), 732, 738, 945, M44C, and a OSS 24/7 (45 ACP), 41. I've always read the forum "by the way" comments about the Taurus' being junk but through experience came to the conclusion that most of the posts are hearsay.

I have had three warranty claims against all of those handguns. Through a chamber impression, I found the chamber/bore not concentric on the 25PLY and PT111 Millennium Pro (9mm Luger). This is something very fine and I only found it because of my bullet design work. Most shooters would not have ever know and it really is not that big of issue for the casual owner. Both guns where picked up by FedEx the next day on Taurus' dollar. I thought Taurus might waffle with the barrel replacement, I did drop the impression in the box, but both came back replaced with a note that the "Owner was correct in his assessment." The PT111Pro was gone exactly one week but the 25PLY was gone five weeks. The issue with that replacement was they did not have any replacement barrels as the model had just been introduced. The third issue was the rear sight popped off my PT132 Millennium Pro (32 ACP), loosing the set screw that attaches it to the slide. This issue took about five weeks to resolve as the sights have gone through several evolutions, mine being the last, and they kept sending me the wrong screw. They finally had me just send the pistol back to FL and it was back to the ranch in a week, corrected. Bottom-line is that I have been sold on the product line. Here is most of my bad boys. Oh, the "pinky" belongs to my wife. It is a 732B 32 ACP. The 945 and OSS 24/7 are not shown.

Michael
benmarcos

Re: Other Imported Brands, Good and Bad

Post by benmarcos »

Look at those guns, It is really great to see an admin of a site really working for moderating and taking good care of a site.
great Job sir.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

benmarcos wrote:Look at those guns, It is really great to see an admin of a site really working for moderating and taking good care of a site.
great Job sir.
Thanks Ben and welcome. We have have a very civil group here and they kind of take care of themselves!
Michael
benmarcos

Post by benmarcos »

Thanks for the welcome ranch dog. And Yes i'll stick in this forum for a reason I felt open here. Thanks again