New to Leverguns...Henry vs. Rossi

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
juliano191

Re: New to Leverguns...Henry vs. Rossi

Post by juliano191 »

zippy wrote:My main turn-off for Henry is the way they load through the mag tube.
Same reason I went the Rossi route. Hate the way you load them. Horrible idea. If Henry got rid of that I'm quite sure they would sell like hot cakes.
Retired New Jersey Police Sergeant
HarryAlonzo
500 Shots
500 Shots

Post by HarryAlonzo »

Ooooooo, very pretty. I do like the looks of a brass receiver.
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

Good looking gun, I hope it works out for you.
3Horse

Post by 3Horse »

Very pleasant to shoot. Recoil is more of a push than a kick. My wife loves it. Now , I gotta find one for myself.......maybe one with a 20" barrel. Will probably stick with 45LC unless I find a deal on .357 or .44
These guns are absolutely fun!
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

The .45 Colt with most factory fodder is like a giant .22 LR.
The .357 doesn't have much more recoil than the Colt although it is quite a bit speedier out the business end.

.44 Mag has a little kick but nothing irritating when it's out of a carbine and you've got it snuggled up to your shoulder. It's pretty authoritative on the steels as well.
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Nice looking 45 Colt ! I d not think you will be at all disappointed.

For over 20 years we wrote to every lever flipper maker known to get the 41 magnum produced. Most the companies would not even respond.
But Henry.. now has two on the market. And this year a 16 incher will be added.
15 years ago wrote to every lever rifle producer to find out "if" their 44 Mag model would cycle 44 Russian. Again no one answered except Henry. The only question Mr. Imperito asked was where he could order some 44 Russian ammo. One week later he wrote back stating he personally removed a rifle off the line and fired 100 rounds of 44 Russian with no issues.
So that means a bunch to me. That is how a business should be run in our good 'Ol U.S. of A.
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.
3Horse

Post by 3Horse »

WOW!! A gun manufacturer listening to the requests and needs of their customers and going to the distance to test cartridges and bring out gun in a requested caliber is unheard of!!
Makes me want to seriously consider a Henry.
Taurus/Braztech, (and all of the big US gunmakers) should take note Thanks for your post.
GRV01
250 Shots
250 Shots

Post by GRV01 »

3Horse wrote:WOW!! A gun manufacturer listening to the requests and needs of their customers and going to the distance to test cartridges and bring out gun in a requested caliber is unheard of!!
Makes me want to seriously consider a Henry.
Taurus/Braztech, (and all of the big US gunmakers) should take note Thanks for your post.
The solutions s simple here folks: we all ask Henry to start making a 92 :D

But seriously, just like many others have mentioned i just dont get it. I know theyve seen rhe writing on the wall -- if we make a 92 (or even just add a load gate to existing design), then we make more money. Simple.

Part of me respects Henry for not doing the "easy" thing. Another part of me wants to scratch my head and ask, "Well you're a business aint'cha? Whats the matter, you dont like money??"
No thin chicks
Currently reloading: 38 SPL, 357 MAG
Rossi's Owned: M92 .357 20"(Owned by Wifey: M92 .357 16")
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

GRV01 wrote:The solutions s simple here folks: we all ask Henry to start making a 92 :D
Someone already asked and it is not going to happen. I understand it, it takes a huge amount of money to gear up for a new product. Of course, they have just done that with the Long Ranger and Single Shot but neither or combined are they anywhere near all the moving parts of a 92. They also work their proprietary designs, I'm not sure what needs to happen to manufacture a J. Browning design here in the US.
Michael
3Horse

Post by 3Horse »

Ranch Dog wrote:
GRV01 wrote:The solutions s simple here folks: we all ask Henry to start making a 92 :D
Someone already asked and it is not going to happen. I understand it, it takes a huge amount of money to gear up for a new product. Of course, they have just done that with the Long Ranger and Single Shot but neither or combined are they anywhere near all the moving parts of a 92. They also work their proprietary designs, I'm not sure what needs to happen to manufacture a J. Browning design here in the US.

I can understand Henry not making a 92 design, considering the success with their proprietary designs. I don't know if the market is substantial enough for another gunmaker to consider it. I think us '92 guys and gals (Cowboy Action shooters included) are kind of a niche market.