Acquired Browning BLR Takedown in 450 Marlin

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: A change is as good as a rest

Post by akuser47 »

pricedo wrote:
Nodnarb wrote:Very nice rifle. The BLR takedown is on my "to buy" list. Not sure what caliber just yet. Congrats!
A BLR was on my "to buy" list but now I own 2 BLR Takedowns........one in 308 Win & one in 450 Marlin.........very happy with both of them.
I love working on & tuning up/fixing up guns but sometimes buying a gun or 2 you can just pull out of the box and take to the range & shoot like the rich folks do is a welcome change just like the odd sip from a $300 bottle of vintage whiskey (Johnnie Walker Blue Label) is nice once in a while that you can't afford to drink it all the time. :mrgreen:
Johnnie Walker Blue Label Nice choice in whiskey I love whiskey and bourbons but I love a good Cognac. A well off friend of mine celebrated becomeing a ceo at an event for this. I attended and I had the privilige of drinking some tesseron cognac it was very old and I imagine well out of my price range but I loved it. Back on topic though how does the .308 BLR shot dead on cycle flawless? just curious is all love those guns.
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!
pricedo
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Re: A change is as good as a rest

Post by pricedo »

akuser47 wrote:
pricedo wrote:
Nodnarb wrote:Very nice rifle. The BLR takedown is on my "to buy" list. Not sure what caliber just yet. Congrats!
A BLR was on my "to buy" list but now I own 2 BLR Takedowns........one in 308 Win & one in 450 Marlin.........very happy with both of them.
I love working on & tuning up/fixing up guns but sometimes buying a gun or 2 you can just pull out of the box and take to the range & shoot like the rich folks do is a welcome change just like the odd sip from a $300 bottle of vintage whiskey (Johnnie Walker Blue Label) is nice once in a while that you can't afford to drink it all the time. :mrgreen:
Johnnie Walker Blue Label Nice choice in whiskey I love whiskey and bourbons but I love a good Cognac. A well off friend of mine celebrated becomeing a ceo at an event for this. I attended and I had the privilige of drinking some tesseron cognac it was very old and I imagine well out of my price range but I loved it. Back on topic though how does the .308 BLR shot dead on cycle flawless? just curious is all love those guns.
The BLR Takedown in 308 Win is giving me 1" 3-shot groups at 100 yards with the factory Nosler 165 grain "white tip" Accubond ammo.......it's kind of expensive ($35/box) but the BLR really likes them and those AB bullets mushroom perfectly in wet sand without breaking apart.
The second best ammo I tried in the gun was the Remington 150 grain Core-Lokt SPs which were giving me 1 1/2" 3-shot groups @ 100 yards and oddly enough the Nosler & Green Box ammo shot to the same POI at the 100 yard target........sometimes there's no explaining the mysteries & miracles of ballistics (barrel harmonics, Coriolis effect and all that "fuzzy wuzzy" stuff). :mrgreen:
LIFE MEMBER - NRA & GOA
akuser47
Founding Member
Founding Member

Re: Acquired Browning BLR Takedown in 450 Marlin

Post by akuser47 »

Nice, I love to hear that for these rifles they are beautiful art when they are for sale they don't last long for good reason well done pricedo. thanks for the info
Live Free,Ride Free, Or Die Fighting, For The Right, To do So!