99 Savage questions/interests

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
alphalimafoxtrot

99 Savage questions/interests

Post by alphalimafoxtrot »

Guys,

I've never owned a 99 Savage but have been keeping my eyes open for when I see a nice one in .300 Savage. They are really something!

Before I get a 99 though, looking to start building my knowledge base from a reloading standpoint - about .300 Savage - anyone here load this round, whether or not for a 99 Savage? Also - any other feedback on a 99, such as manufacture date info/unique runs/etc.
I do also visit the 99 Savage forum to learn stuff.

Thanks all!

PS....I would be that "newbie" guy with his first "whack-a-mole" Lee Loader kits on the Lee Loader Forum..... :mrgreen:

Adam
I am a regular joe, consisting of 78% coffee, 12% hot air, 9% organizational abilities, and 1% luck.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: 99 Savage questions/interests

Post by Ranch Dog »

I'm a 300 Savage but in a Rem 722. I did own a 99 years ago but it is long gone.

Hornady is still making brass, it can be tough to find but is doable. Just buy it when it is for sale. Titan usually has it but all they have right now is their range pickup brass. I think it that is priced almost the same as the Hornady brass I bought from them within the last 12 months.
Michael
Ohio3Wheels
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by Ohio3Wheels »

Saw a so so one in the Gun Library at our new Cabelas yesterday. Price was north of 1100 if I remember correctly, look at so many guns in there that they blend together.

Make smoke,
Curt... makin' smoke and raising my carbon foot print one cartridge at a time Image
Archer
2000 Shots
2000 Shots

Post by Archer »

I looked a couple Savages two or three years ago. price was probably reasonable but for me the condition was less than favorable and the 300 Savage / 250-3000 Savage calibers are no longer easy to find if not exactly hard to find components if you put your mind to it a bit.
Missionary
Founding Member
Founding Member

Post by Missionary »

Greetings
300 Savage Brass is currently being made by Grumpa on that boolit place from 308. Ready to load runs about 60 cents per case. He generally has a good supply ready to ship.
But if you keep an active search going on several sites the 300 Savage brass turns up for sale. I bought some about a year ago that was listed as 1x.
Mike in Peru till June
Way down south in Arequipa, Peru till June 2020.