Winchester 1892 gamble

Chiappa, Marlin, Mossberg and non-Rossi Manufactured Pumas plus anything else with a leveraction.
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Re: Winchester 1892 gamble

Post by mr surveyor »

If you decide to make the trip, swing by and pick me up on the way :)

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Coop 45

Post by Coop 45 »

After much humming and harring I have decided not purchase this rifle. With no pictures it's just too much of a risk. So, I've spent the money on the basics, primers, powder and projectiles. While a new toy would have been nice, at least now I can make sure I have enough stuff to keep the ones I've already got going for a bit longer.
"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it" Captain Harry "Breaker" Morant, last words to his firing squad.
92 45 Colt 20" stainless
mr surveyor
1000 Shots
1000 Shots

Post by mr surveyor »

Coop

I sat on the front porch for the last several days, drinking beer and smoking cigars waitin for you to pick me up .... then I realized crossing the big pond might have been the hold up. :lol:

a couple of years ago I did the same thing you did. I had a not so good experience with a newly released handgun that went in for a recall .... decided to rid myself of it when it returned from the factory repair and buy something different. Well, instead of another gun, I ended up buying a new chrony and a bunch of powder, primers and bullets to feed what I already had. Turned out to be a very good choice. I think I've reached the stage of playing Barbie Doll with the guns I have now ..... playing dress up with what I've worked myself down too. I need new night sights on a couple of my daily carries and new leather for several.

jd
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Guns - They aren't really yours until you void the warranty!
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Coop 45 wrote:After much humming and harring I have decided not purchase this rifle. With no pictures it's just too much of a risk. So, I've spent the money on the basics, primers, powder and projectiles. While a new toy would have been nice, at least now I can make sure I have enough stuff to keep the ones I've already got going for a bit longer.
I think you have made an excellent choice!
Michael
Hombre

Post by Hombre »

For that amount of time and money for fuel, I'd overnight them a digital camera with return overnight postage.
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hombre wrote:For that amount of time and money for fuel, I'd overnight them a digital camera with return overnight postage.
That's a great idea but I have the feeling this dude is going to keep the camera! :shock:
Michael
Coop 45

Post by Coop 45 »

[attachment=0]texas.png

Mr Surveyor
mr surveyor wrote:Coop

I sat on the front porch for the last several days, drinking beer and smoking cigars waitin for you to pick me up .... then I realized crossing the big pond might have been the hold up. :lol:

a couple of years ago I did the same thing you did. I had a not so good experience with a newly released handgun that went in for a recall .... decided to rid myself of it when it returned from the factory repair and buy something different. Well, instead of another gun, I ended up buying a new chrony and a bunch of powder, primers and bullets to feed what I already had. Turned out to be a very good choice. I think I've reached the stage of playing Barbie Doll with the guns I have now ..... playing dress up with what I've worked myself down too. I need new night sights on a couple of my daily carries and new leather for several.

jd

If your at the Texas (population 963) near me, no problem, I'll swing by and pick you up. We'll duck over to Inverell where the rifle is and then go to Ashford where there is some excellent Yellowbelly fishing. I'm about 900km south of Inverell so it wont add much more time on.

If your at the other Texas (population 27,695,284) then I might need to change over the tinny motor to something with a few more horse power, I don't think 15hp will be enough.

So $450 in consumable supplies got me the following;
1 box (250) 55gn .22 Nosler Ballistic tips,
1000 CCI BR4 small rifle primers,
1.5kg Trailboss powder,
100 260gn .375 Nosler Accubonds.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Shoot straight you bastards, don't make a mess of it" Captain Harry "Breaker" Morant, last words to his firing squad.
92 45 Colt 20" stainless
Ranch Dog
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by Ranch Dog »

Hey, that boundary at Texas kind of looks like the boundary the Rio Grande forms between Mexico and Texas in the area we refer to as the Big Bend.
Texas_Big_Bend_Map.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Michael